SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#56046 - 01/06/03 10:00 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I just suppose there is no easy way to transfer 1200 songs from one Technics, to the 7000. I'm glad I saved all the backups to floppies. I may have to do one floppy disk at a time. I did order a Panasonic reader/writer. Hope it helps
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#56047 - 01/07/03 01:08 AM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello ,
I just bought the program SD Techmanager 7000 from Keysoftservice and this does a hell of a job. Transfering files,renaming files and directories,backup and restore.
Everything you need is in this program. This program is worth every penny if you have a lot of files to transfer.
Greetings,
Alain

#56048 - 01/07/03 04:36 AM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Information on the SD Techmanager 7000.

Would you like to work with your SD card data in the most comfortable way on your Computer?

The SD-TechManager7000 is the ideale software tool to manage all the Technics data on the SD card and transfer them with the USB SD card reader/writer online.

The only requirement for the SD-TechManager7000 is the use of a USB SD card reader/writer. We propose the Panasonic SZ-CB7 because this product include the SD-Jukebox program to convert wav/mp3 files into SD card audio file format.

Your data's are sure only on the archiv!
Because of the new file and data handling system of the SD card and based on the reliable functions from the previous mamager software also the SD-TechManager7000 is a complet new pice of software.
The 3 part data handling (Audio, Song and Sound) was a bit challange for our programmers.

Backup/Restore
Compared to the freeware software "Song Manager KN7000" the SD-TechManager7000 keep all the files in the same structure and size as on the SD card. That makes it possible to handle the data very effective and quick but also allow a flexible change in structure and listings.

Tools
Apart from the Backup and Restore the "Tools" allow the above called changes of the data files. Almost all function (expect Audio) from the SD card can be prodessed easily.

- COPY Technics/Sounds
- RENAME
- MOVE Technics

- EDIT Favorites
- EDIT Song Medley
- EDIT User Play List

- DELETE
- PRINT

Interactive help
Since only very vew user read the printed owners manual we decided to add an active help system to the SD-TechManager7000.
Such a help guide lead you trough all the steps to the success. Of course you decide whether you have this help bubble or not.
Of course there is a standard help on the SD-TechManager7000 as well.

Greetings and a happy Newyear,
Alain

[This message has been edited by Alain (edited 01-07-2003).]

#56049 - 01/07/03 12:09 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi forumfriends,
accordingly to many replies, am I right that a list of gifts or a basic set for pleasant keyboarding with a KN7000 could look like underneath?
- A Technics keyboard KN7000 : € 3200,-
- a SZ-CB7-kit (cardreader and SD-jukebox, for handling audio and MP3 files): € 160,-
- SD Techmanager 7000 € 150,-
- 2 SD-cards 128 MB € 200,-
Total amount for this set about: € 3700,-.
And of course the joy of playing, but that is nowhere to buy
greetings
Cees

#56050 - 01/07/03 01:11 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Hey you guys maybe the way to do these filing transfers to the sd card is just a few at a time when you want them, for instance 1 gig at a time ,put on the card what you need for that gig about 30 songs or 1/2 hrs work ,this way you build up the card gig by gig, and have only what you really want on the card, not every old file that you have collected over the years. This obsession to have a huge amount of styles on the card all the time is really not nessessary (if that is how you spell it Walter)It becomes hoarding you can keep all the files you never use on a cd.and then if you really do need a file you can drag from the cd to the sd card.
Well thats the way i look at it!

Happy New Year
Jan

#56051 - 01/07/03 02:05 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
NO. Walter.

#56052 - 01/07/03 02:16 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I've set mine up into folders on my sd card that match the keyboard ie 8 & 16 beat, 60's& 70's etc . I also created matching folders on my computer. I keep the individual .cst's that I downloaded from the kn7000 website in my computer folders. I've sorted them into ie 8 & 16 beat folder which contains sub folders for 16 beat ballads, 8 beat ballads, 8 beat rock etc. I can then manipulate and load them into the kn7000 in the configuration that I want. I've also located most of the duplicated styles. At the moment I'm creating a list of the style no's & types and their duplicates.
I've been using an inexpensive sd card reader for back up purposes, but the .cst's can be loaded individually into the kn via floppy disk and then saved in groups in kn to the sd card.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#56053 - 01/07/03 04:33 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Larry Hawk, you have this mindset Quote: “With all do respect cees, after reading "How to manage the SD Card" I am totaly lost ! So far, for me the SD card is not what it's billed as.
What is a person to do if they have over 1200 songs stored on their old Technics, and want to transfer them to the 7000? If the 7000 had a large capacity hard drive, instead of the SD card at least we would be able to transfer files the old fashion way...floppy to hard drive...simple and sure”

With that kind of a mindset you will go nowhere. Your statement: “ at least we would be able to transfer files the old fashion way...floppy to hard drive...simple and sure” is nothing more than mouthing a falsehood. It is clear what you have been reading is not from the instructions in the manuel. Floppy to hard drive is the same only now it is floppy to SD card. Up until now when you would purchase a new KN keyboard If you wanted a hard drive you would have to pay extra and then install it. From 300 to almost seven hundred dollars extra. Now when I purchased my new KN7000 It cost me the same as I paid for my 6500 and my 5000. Thirty two hundred. But, and I say but because now I have no need to buy a hard drive. There is a SD chip built into the machine at no extra cost. The card that came with it I have yet to fill up. If I had hundred and hundreds of midi files I might have to get another card. I could get a much bigger card for less than a C note. If you feel the new system is expensive you got your information in error. The purchase of some of the things you might need for large amounts of information is miniscule in cost compared to a hard drive. From what you say I’ll bet you don’t have a 7000 and are just repeating some of the things others are saying. I do not have a problem what so ever with my SD card to date. Of course I do not store all of the older KN styles either. I have downloaded them all and then gleaned them for what I have determined worthy. Worthy for the type of music I play and also most of them do not come near to being as good as the new ones. Only those I let reside on my hard disk and now my SD card. The balance of them have a resting place on my computer to maybe at a later date be resurrected. I look at the problem of organizing all this stuff like I look at developing a new data base program. The first thing to do is form a plan. Plan what you want to accomplish. Write it down. Next construct your data base on paper. Think the thing through. Only then start to put it together for a trial run. Just samples of what the final thing will look like. After a few adjustments to correct any flaws then and only then enter all the files. My mindset on most of the projects I tackle is: Keep it simple stupid! I would venture to say most people could throw out 8o% of the things they accumulate and have stored in their basements, closets and hardrive or SD cards. Keep it simple is the way I think and the way I act. Of course that is what Ruthie always bugs me with. What you got all them stinking keyboards for??? What are you going to do with all them old saxes, clarinets and accordions? Ruthie remember, granddads, lots of granddads. They might just take after old gramps. I hope not, oh, I hope not says Ruth as she throws her dust cloth on the couch as she walks into the kitchen to make supper. Guess I will have a little talk with myself one of these days.

Grandpa Doug

#56054 - 01/07/03 11:12 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Jeez..I feel like I've just been scolded, rapped in the knuckles with a ruler, a dunce cap put upon my head, and forced to sit in the corner.

Do I get detention too ?
Or
can I transfer to Public School...oh wait..I'm back in the '50's again. Sorry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#56055 - 01/08/03 07:43 AM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cees,
Thought I had all the Great Keyboard Sites in my Favorites. How could I have missed yours. I like your explanation of the filing system and will use some of your recommendations for my filing system (upper/lower case use for alpha search, great idea).

Alain,
Hate to spend the money for the Keysoft Progam but in the long run it will be worth it. Apreciate Alec and your recommendation. Will try my SanDisk reader with USB 2 connection before purchasing the Panasonic Reader.

Doug,
I agree with you in your comparison with the SD/7000 and the 6/6500 with hardrive. The SD/7000 is a winner. The new technolgy is wonderful but the software from Technics is lacking.
I have been in management for most of my working years and making a plan is second nature. I seek input from others to enhance my filing system.

All Members,
I thank you for your great input and I am sure most of us has gained something postitve from this exchange.....I sure did.

Fran in Florida

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online