SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#56036 - 12/23/02 05:45 AM Managing 7000 Files
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have been organizing files on the SD using the 7000. After creating many many folders I find I want to change my filing system. Doing this with the 7000 is a lot of work.

Has any one used any software for a computer that reads the songs with titles instead of Technic numbers and allows moving of songs and folders on the computer.

If so, where is it available and at what cost?

Looking forward to another great year on this Forum.............Fran in Florida

#56037 - 12/23/02 07:06 AM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did a little search on the site and found Tech Manager by Keysoftservice. Went to their site but it is mostly under construction. I am running XP. Has the software been updated for XP and if anyone has it, I would appreciate a report.

Will Technote or Tenay sell this software?

Still waiting Alec..........Fran in Florida

#56038 - 12/24/02 12:39 AM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Hi Fran,
I just received my KN7. Waw, what an instrument!
It looks like you have experience now in organizing files on the SD. Can you give me some advice about do's and dont's? I have a 128 SD.
Thank you in advance and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and all the forum members.

#56039 - 12/24/02 08:55 AM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bert,

You are right about how great the 7000 is but I do not have great experience in setting up a filing system as yet.

The problem I have had is with the custom downloads from the 7000 Web Site. They cannot be organized on the computer. What I am doing is loading each folder (20 styles) selecting those I want in Composer and then to another folder. Now they can be read and manipulated on the computer.

To archive my collection I have created folders with the same Rythm Group that is on the 7000 (8/16 Beat, Rock & Pop ect). Using the same grouping as the 7000 makes it easier for me to find a style type.

I am setting up Custom folders with a mix of styles that are not on the 7000 for playing different kinds of music.

I have separate folders for panel memories.

I like the fast load of the 7000 when you only save the necessary files and not all.

As you can see I am in a learning stage of setting up my files. Arranging the styles so they can be read on the compter makes the job a lot easier.

Each member of the Forum probably has their own way of arranging their files. It would interesting to hear how other members do their filing.

Fran in Florida

#56040 - 12/26/02 04:27 AM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Fran,
Thanks for your reply. I am just in thec beginning of the learning stage and using my Christmas holiday to discover all the features of the KN7.
It would be a great idea to encourage each member of the forum to post their way of filing. We all can learn of each other, don't we?
I am looking forward to the response.
Bert

#56041 - 12/26/02 07:02 AM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Fran,
I too am in a quandry as to how best manipulate the files on the SD card.
I play for a dinner theater and have had my KN7000 about two months and still haven't found the easiest access to my my setups.
I currently have styles (straight KN7000 styles and altered styles)and the panel memories that go with them for about 100 songs by name. But I would also like to have access to all of the KN2000, KN3000, KN5000, & Kn6500 styles that I like.
So far I haven't found the magic combination.
Manipulation of this stuff is very slow & tedious because it is really not very straightforward using the Kn7000 by itself. In fact, there are many things that that you cannot do on the SD card menu.
I agree that better software for the SD card, either an update to the KN7000, or PC software is definitely needed.
Walt

#56042 - 01/05/03 02:11 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Anonymous
Unregistered

From comments of other members, we do need some additional software to manage our SD files on the 7000. Hopefully Ron will come to our aid.

It takes a great deal of time filing to SD the collection that many of us have.
The way we play the instrument has a lot to do with our own individual filing system.

What I would like to hear is HOW YOU ARE ORGANIZING YOUR FILES ON SD.

Fran in Florida

#56043 - 01/06/03 02:05 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Fran,
Also I've thinking about a certain structure on how to order/arranging my many, many song-files on the SD-card. I think I'm not the only guy who is/was wrestling with this (luxury)'problem'. I'm working with my new structure and for me it's OK. Althought I presume that everyone has his/her own way too... It too complex to write it down in this post, so I offer you to visit my homepage http://home.planet.nl/~cels Maybe I helps you or gives an idea to arrange your files. I will open my mind for other ideas..
Best regards,
Cees.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:

What I would like to hear is HOW YOU ARE ORGANIZING YOUR FILES ON SD.

Fran in Florida

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 01-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 01-06-2003).]

#56044 - 01/06/03 03:30 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
With all do respect cees, after reading "How to manage the SD Card" I am totaly lost ! So far, for me the SD card is not what it's billed as.

What is a person to do if they have over 1200 songs stored on their old Technics, and want to transfer them to the 7000?
If the 7000 had a large capacity hard drive, instead of the SD card at least we would be able to transfer files the old fashion way...floppy to hard drive...simple and sure.

After reading about it, I have come to the conclusion:

1. It's slow, tedious, difficult, and complicated to set up files on the SD Card

2. One has to buy quite a few SD Cards, which by the way, are not cheap

3. One has to buy additional software to help in setting up files on the SD

4. One has to hook up the 7000 to the computer to set up files on the SD Card
OR

5. One has to buy a reader/writer to try to orginize files for the 7000..not an easy task

Now I admit, that the old hard drive that you loaded up with floppies was a bit of a pain, but it seems to me that the SD Card is NOT an improvement, rather thus far a dissapoitment. Sometimes new is not better.

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#56045 - 01/06/03 06:24 PM Re: Managing 7000 Files
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Thanks, Cees. Good info and well presented.

Larry - hang in there - things will get better and SD cards will get cheaper. Technics went this way knowing that moderately priced high capacity SD cards will soon be available. I do advise getting an SD card reader if you don't already have one.

Mike

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online