SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#55902 - 10/09/02 03:28 PM Re: Standard miifile question.
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Sorry guys if I appear dumb. I am following the advice given to change the midi X instruments on a midifile to Technics instruments via STEP RECORD. The first instrument is midi GRAND PIANO X ON TRACK 1 and commences on the second bar. This is what I have done so far.
1. Loaded the midifile GM/GMS -NX.
2 Pressed PLAY to bring up the SEQUENCER PLAY PAGE.
3 Pressed - PROGRAM MENU-SEQUENCER- RECORD AND EDIT- STEP RECORD.
4 The screen asks which track I want to RECORD????- (I don't really want to record, do I?). Neverthe less I press Track 1 and now I have the STEP RECORD PAGE.
I can see an * at the start of the second bar which I presume is GRAND PIANO X.
Now I am stuck. What do I do next???. Pleeeese help.
Alec. the workshops are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Maybe this is a good subject for one in the future? Cheers. Jean.

#55903 - 10/10/02 03:06 AM Re: Standard miifile question.
technicsplayer Offline

do exactly what you have done and then follow John's original instructions. Use the cursor left/right to go along the track until you hit an event. The voice will be written in the display when you hit the correct event. Erase it and replace with a NX voice from explorer or sound group by just choosing it (ping!). Don't erase the other events volume etc. The last voice that appears when you cursor will be the one that plays in the song.
exit and repeat for all tracks, including drums.
Save as technics sequence, but keep all your midi originals in an archive for future use.

#55904 - 10/11/02 07:18 AM Re: Standard miifile question.
Jean Olivia Offline

Ping!!! I've done it.
Thanks Alec and John and Peter for all your help.I thought I had achieved a result before, but it was only that I had remixed a few volumes etc. that the result sounded better.
I have done the paste and copy bit and added the strings and now all is finished. I still have a half bar to somehow delete but I can do it with the minidisc- there doesn't seem to be a way yo do it on the keyboard.
Thanks again. I couldn't have done it without your help.It did look at one stage that the K.N might finish up under the bed with the 5000 piece jigsaw of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Cheers Jean.

#55905 - 10/11/02 10:50 PM Re: Standard miifile question.
Jean Olivia Offline

I meant to add the reason for all the frustration was that by trial and error I found I had to go one cursor click past the * for the INSTRUMENT name to show in the DISPLAY PANEL. I spent quite a lot of time trying to delete the *. (just in case anyone else is trying to do it) Silly me!! I also went one click back from the * to insert the new voice- I think thats what John was getting at to make sure the sound was there when the playing started. Cheers Jean.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online