SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#55429 - 01/21/03 10:31 AM Re: Technics Engineers - are you out there?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Good sentiments Guys - Maybe the price of progress

Another very thin Grey-Top

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#55430 - 01/21/03 12:36 PM Re: Technics Engineers - are you out there?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Quoting Bill North; the message was in 'stereo'

You know Bill, that has happened to me three or four times in the past. I noticed some other guys have done it a few times also. I'm at a loss, why? The only reason I can think of is I must be getting the shakes. Hitting the submit button twice on one try. Just gave myself a good once over and have found no shaking going on. Hands, head or anything else. That's good as far as I can tell. The only time I know I shake is when Ruthie Calls out in sort of an elevated firm tone of voice declaring a one word sentence: - D o u g L A S - - - - s s s!!! I SHAKE! I know I shake. Aside from that, why does one get a double posting of one message? Somebody must know. Don’t give me the silent treatment, I’m stumped and can handle the bare truth.

Grandpa Doug

#55431 - 01/21/03 04:02 PM Re: Technics Engineers - are you out there?
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Gramps, Yeh, it's happened to me too In my case, I think what happened was that having clicked on 'Submit Reply', nothing seemed to happen so I clicked it again. In fact, the post had gone off to the forum but my PC seemed to have 'Hung' and not returned to the post page. Clicking a second time did the trick but sent another copy to the forum, in the process. Having viewed the post and found Double Trouble, I just deleted one of the posts.
Could this be what happened to you ??

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#55432 - 01/21/03 05:11 PM Re: Technics Engineers - are you out there?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Not to worry guys, I always delete the duplicate copy after I read them both to be sure they are identical
BEBOP

#55433 - 01/22/03 01:38 AM Re: Technics Engineers - are you out there?
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
[B]Quoting Bill North; the message was in 'stereo'

Hi Gramps.
I'd like to welcome the new member 'Bill North' to the forum
We could even end up with an additional new member called 'John Norrie'
No doubt you were testing to see if anyone spotted the deliberate mistake......
John Whatshisname.

#55434 - 01/22/03 02:56 AM Re: Technics Engineers - are you out there?
Bill Norrie Offline

John Norrie was my Grandad but I doubt if he could post on the forum - I don't think you can link a ABACUS to the net

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#55435 - 01/22/03 07:54 AM Re: Technics Engineers - are you out there?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Mr. John Whatshisname,

My my, I see some wheels are still turning up in the old loft. Not everybody is asleep. I like that new way of signing your posts. How about making that sig. permanent. Does anybody else agree?

Grandpa Doug

#55436 - 01/22/03 02:06 PM Re: Technics Engineers - are you out there?
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Grandpa Doug, I gotcha by a year and I too haul the keyboard, the external speakers, the external amp, and all the rest of the stuff that goes with it.
I solved part of the problem by using a soft case for the KN7000 instead of the heavier case that I had for the KN2000. Since I don't intend to ship it on an airplane, this works out fine and almost equalized the weight of keyboard plus case.
The KN7000 is worth the little extra weight and size, and I wouldn't change it for anything.
I'm going to be 78 in a couple of months and wonder if I might be the oldest performing keyboarder out there. Any takers?
Walt

#55437 - 01/22/03 08:32 PM Re: Technics Engineers - are you out there?
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
WALT: I know in two months you will be older than you ever were before, but sorry 78 just won't cut it as the "oldest, haulinist, best looking Keyboardst, out here in Forum Land. I will be 82 in August, and I just lightened my load by replaceing my heavey K-100 Rolands with the Altec/Lansing 621 speaker system with sub base. WOW, they are so good, I now see no need to replace my KN-6500 with the outstanding KN-7000. Because of the extra in-line port, I now have my Dell 4100 P/C plugged into the same sound system, which left me with this new problem. Do I want to play the Keyboard, or listen to C/D's through this super sound system? Just keep breathing Walt, maybe you will catch up with me in the years to come.
Cheers to you and all the other young "whipper snappers" on this great Forum.
Cold in central Michigan, but no snow. ARJ

#55438 - 01/23/03 06:48 PM Re: Technics Engineers - are you out there?
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
ARJ, More power to you. It must be that these keyboards keep us young. Just reading the instruction manuals stirs up the grey matter.
I'm just thankful that I and my wife are in good health for our age. She had a heart attack 3 years ago but is fully recovered and I have to keep running to keep up with her.
I really get a kick out of the doctors (I go every couple of years just to see if they have learned anything!) when we tell them that we don't take any medication at all. They don't believe it because they think that anyone our age should be taking at least 8 or 10 different pills.
Again, great to hear that there are more "old fogies" out there beside my old friend "Grandpa Doug", and myself.
It will be interesting to see how many more old-timers we can smoke out.
Cheers
Walt
PS: We have been off of the forum for a couple of weeks. Just got back from a trip to Australia and New Zealand. Had a great time except that the airlines screwed things up and it took us 52 hours to get from Aukland to Tucson AZ. That could make a younger person tired!
Walt

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online