SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#55330 - 07/06/03 11:22 AM Re: Golf
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
I'm not a golfer but I do appreciate the fact that golf is perhaps the only activity where, if you are under par, that is a good thing! Most of the time, I am not up to par, so maybe I should take up the sport!

(By the way, in response to trevorjohn's question about Belgium, I often wondered what Wisconsin was famous for besides cheese, until I found out here on the Forum and blushed at the comments! Thanks again!)

Ted

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 07-06-2003).]

#55331 - 07/06/03 11:53 AM Re: Golf
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
GOLF ?

See that ball lying there? Well I want you to hit it as hard as you can...then go and find it, but do not rejoice in your findings, because I want you to Hit it and Find it again. Do this until you find that ball in the little hole in the ground.

No Thanks

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#55332 - 07/06/03 12:46 PM Re: Golf
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by ogre:
Thanks Colin. Never too late to learn. Thinks. Never thought that a forum devoted to music/keyboards specifically Technics, would run a thread about golf

Peter

Hey Peter,
I didn't delete this thread cause I thought golfing was a division of music, such as getting people cornered where you can tell them about your next cd or keyboard or song and they can't get away from you until everybody fills up those little holes in the ground with their balls
Bebop

#55333 - 07/06/03 03:43 PM Re: Golf
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Yes Willum! There was also, of course Hercule Poirot, the most famous Belgian of them all, but alas.........he was just a figment.

Trevor

#55334 - 07/06/03 07:05 PM Re: Golf
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I heard about a dentist who said he couldn't take any more appointments that afternoon as he had 18 cavities to fill. Then went off to play a round of golf.

Mike

#55335 - 07/07/03 12:20 AM Re: Golf
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi All,

As a golfer, I had to chuckle at Larry Hawk's comment because I shared his thoughts about the game until I began playing at the age of 40. It was then I learned just how skillful one must be to play the game and how much pleasure the game gives back. One cannot play a game in more beautiful surroundings or meet nicer people anywhere.

I'll close with a description of golfers that I read somewhere. It goes like this: Golfers are people who hit a ball, shout FORE!, shoot six, and write down five.

That's All Folks!

Chuck

#55336 - 07/07/03 07:44 AM Re: Golf
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Chuck ... that was pretty much going to be my response to Larry, but you beat me to it ... Here in Rhode Island, I love playing golf in the fall best of all, ... a little crispness in the air, ... many of the other players have put their clubs away and the courses are fairly empty ... sometimes I just stop to listen to the silence, broken only by the chirping of birds ... BEAUTIFUL ...

BeBop .... did you post the "GOLF IN ITS PROPER PERSPECTIVE" essay that you sent us... most appropriate for this thread...
t.

#55337 - 07/07/03 10:25 AM Re: Golf
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
BeBop .... did you post the "GOLF IN ITS PROPER PERSPECTIVE" essay that you sent us... most appropriate for this thread...
t.

NO TONY,
I just mailed it out to everyone that is not in the lists to receive music only.
It came in from a non forum member named Doris over in Iowa.
Bebop

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online