SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55232 - 08/13/06 06:28 PM SD card copy
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi I just bought a 1 gig SD card and I would like to transfer my 256mg to the 1 gig First I transfer the 256mg to a memory stick and after I transfer to the 1 gig,it work but when I download from my KN7000 it work ok but the red light stay on always.I try to transfer another SD card to the 1 gig and it did not work.althouht I change the file number ex:tfld001 to tfld057 and paste to the 1gig its ok and I can see to my sd reader but in the keyboard no.The main thing for me is to transfer all my files from the sd cards to the 1gig Thanks in advance

#55233 - 08/13/06 10:05 PM Re: SD card copy
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Not sure how you are transferring, but you need to create a backup file first (.SDB file) then transfer that via the restore process to the new card.
You can use Song Manager (which came with your keyboard) to backup and restore or you can use the excellent KN SD Explorer Software from http://vision-4-life.nl/SD-Explorer.htm
Keith

#55234 - 08/14/06 03:27 AM Re: SD card copy
technicsplayer Offline

If you just want to copy one card to another card just copy to your pc and then copy to the new card with windows explorer, you don't need anything else.

If you want to combine 2 cards to a new larger card, 'SD Backup' each of them in the Song Manager program, then make a new backup by combining the 2 backups in 'SD Merge', then 'SD Restore' the new combined backup to the new card. This is all in the SD Manage menu of Song Manager.

If you want to just combine selective folders from 2 cards then the simplest is probably the SD Explorer tool.

None of the above will work with audio files, they need to be checked out from Jukebox to the new card. Don't use the SD Explorer tool to backup cards with audio files.

#55235 - 08/14/06 02:00 PM Re: SD card copy
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hello

The SD-Explorer tool works regarding backup and restore likes the backup and restore of the Songmanager, but only with an extra SD-Card sanity check. When there are Audio files on the SD Cards, you can still move the technics song files from and to that card. The Audio files are left unharmed and untouched.

For more info about the tool's functionality:
http://vision-4-life.nl/SDExp_tut.htm and http://vision-4-life.nl/FAQ.html

#55236 - 08/14/06 04:45 PM Re: SD card copy
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi I Thank you all for your help I appreciated

#55237 - 08/15/06 04:52 AM Re: SD card copy
technicsplayer Offline

You should not use SD Explorer to back up cards containing audio, use Song Manager instead.

#55238 - 08/16/06 01:49 PM Re: SD card copy
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Is with Song manager the audio also backed up?????
I can backup/restore me SD Cards, containgn Audio with SDExplorer without problems. The Audio remains on the card.

#55239 - 08/17/06 02:24 AM Re: SD card copy
technicsplayer Offline

its not a backup if you can't transfer to another card Fred, and the audio does not work on another card from an SD Explorer backup, that's why Song Manager correctly ignores it, moreover if you already have working audio on the transfer card you lose it with SD Explorer, which Song Manager will not do. Thus its just a lot of wasted space in the sdb file, and on a card with audio this is a LOT of wasted space. I explained this in private mails a long time ago along with other things that needed sorting like the failure to handle slideshows. For example working on a pc SD Explorer will try to backup anything next to the private folder, once in a temp folder it tried to backup 7.5GB of various music files waiting for sorting in the temp folder along with the private folder placed there for a temporary quick transfer on the pc. It's fine as long as you put every private folder in its own dedicated folder on the pc BUT the backup function should really just recognise Private, Sd_Sound and Imexport folders.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online