Korg CX-3 is my fav B3 sounding and Leslie effect sounding clone I've heard. I've never owned one but have played a few in stores.

Now the VK8M (module) I believe has the same organ sound as the VR760.

I was faced with the very same dilema you're in. I play in my praise band. I've tried quite a few set-ups.... final solution for me... Yamaha S90

But I gotta tell ya... I miss the control that the XP80 has. In fact in the back of my mind I want to get an XP60 again someday and run it through a Motif rack.

The XP80 and XP60 have that ability to use SINGLE PERFORMANCE mode. That mode is HOT for controlling it's own engine as well as other multi-timbral synths. You can layer and change patches on the fly with no sound cut out.. its really incredible.

So you might want to consider running the VK8M from the XP-80, especially if you're used to playing piano on the xp80. I don't play piano well on semi or lightly weighted keys. I play piano so much better on heavy weighted keys. And that's another reason I went with Yamaha early on. The Yamaha keys seemed heavier than Rolands or Korgs.

Either way, God bless.
Bob
<><

[This message has been edited by RW (edited 06-06-2006).]