Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#55101 - 12/23/04 08:01 AM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Rehrer:
I received the Z3 for a Christmas present from my wife (after a few hints) and since I knew what it was, I hooked it up right away. I am very happy with it. I am a home player so am not sure how maximum volume in a concert hall would sound, but the beauty of these units is that you can adjust both total volume and bass and balance it well with the keyboard. Great speakers. Don

Thanks Don!

That's good news. I immediately checked your profile to see what keyboard you play. I see it's a KN7000. Since this has a similar amplification as my KN6000 it should do a good for that as well.

I think the bass volume is no problem with the subwoofer, but does it also have a clear mid- en highrange output?

#55102 - 12/23/04 08:13 PM Re: Logitech
Don Rehrer Offline

Loc: Meridian, Idaho
I made a few tests on volume, etc. The Z3 can handle moderate volume but I would get a unit with more power (it is 60 watts) if it is used other than the home. I got a little distortion with high volume on some instruments. I turned the volume all the way up on the Z3 to make this happen which I would not normally do. I set it just above the KN sound and the best way I can describe it is that is adds a different brilliance to the KN sound. You know when it is on. Nice clean sound. Hope this helps. Don

#55103 - 12/24/04 12:10 AM Re: Logitech
Tom NL Offline

Loc: Holland
Thank you Don.

That's good to hear. I bit more brilliance to the sound is a good thing. I also want to use them for in home use only, so I think I would never use it with the volume all the way up, otherwise the Z-2300 would do a better job I guess. But there is no need for that in my case.

I assume you haven't tried it with the KN7000's speakers off? I wonder if it still sounds good then. That can easily be done by plugging in a headphone, or just the plug, in the keyboard.

Reason I ask is because I have my eye on the new Roland G-70 and that one has no build-in speakers. It would be nice if the Logitech Z-3's can take care of the job on a keyboard without speakers of its own.

Regards,

------------------
Tom NL

#55104 - 12/27/04 01:40 PM Re: Logitech
Sapphire Offline

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
O.K. all you clever people out there in forum land, I bought a set of Logitech Z3 speakers and plugged them in using the headphone socket on my KN7000. As you know, this cuts out the onboard speakers and I must say I am very impressed with the sound quality. I agree, that the sounds are much brighter and also the base is more prominent.
Now for the question. Have I done the right thing connecting to the headphone socket or should I have taken the connections to the main out sockets on the rear of the keyboard.

A very happy new year to all players out there.
Alan

#55105 - 12/27/04 02:37 PM Re: Logitech
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Don, small point, I would not plug into the headphones a plug without a load on it, just in case.
Alan, I would go for the rear connections, it may be a cleaner signal, would need to see a circuit diagram to be sure.
Regards. Walter

#55106 - 12/27/04 04:16 PM Re: Logitech
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL,
I just got the z2300 for the studio and the directions and patch cords are meant to plug into two line sources for stereo as at Line out R & L on the rear of your keyboard.
These are awesome little speakers. I will use them in the motorhome instead of packing those 75 pound (each) or the 55 pound motion sound KS200.
The single stereo plug is for the sound card on the back of your computer.
Bebop

#55107 - 12/28/04 08:10 AM Re: Logitech
Sapphire Offline

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Thanks Walter for taking the time to reply. I purchased an adaptor for the Z3's and am now using the main out sockets on the rear of the keyboard. This really is a good solution as I can now use onboard speakers, offboard speakers or a combination of both. To my ear a combination of both is best.

Thanks again
Alan

#55108 - 12/28/04 08:42 AM Re: Logitech
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by gerr58:
Style disc warehouse is offering a keyboard amp and speaker system for £63.99 if anyone is interested

Hi.
I've seen and listened to that system but I don't think it would be suitable for the KN6000/6500/7000 keyboards as the out put is not much more than the keyboard's ouyput.

Derek

#55109 - 12/28/04 09:01 AM Re: Logitech
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by tony harbour:
I've had a look for Z-2200 can't find any decent prices in UK . Some US shops are selling these for $99 which is about £50 Amazon UK PCWORLD UK are all out and all the shops i've had a look out are selling anyweher from £110 to £149 . Anyone know where i can get these for a reasonable price .

Thanks

Tony

[This message has been edited by tony harbour (edited 12-18-2004).]

Hi Tony,

What US websites are selling the Logitech Z2200/2300 speakers?

Derek

#55110 - 12/28/04 09:45 AM Re: Logitech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Deric,

CompUSA has the best price I know of. Not sure how long the sale price will be.

Bebop got his from CompUSA.

Fran in Florida

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online