SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#55064 - 12/09/03 01:07 PM Easy Composer & Pads
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Everyone,
must admit the features on the kn7 never cease to amaze. I've been fiddling round with mine for over a year now and yesterday I accidently leaned on them and discovered that the pads play while in Easy Composer mode.
A lot of you may have already noticed that, but for me it's great news.

It will be a great way of auditioning style parts that don't exist in Easy Composer mode while in the process of creating an easy composer style.

ie pad riffs from midifiles or converted styles, or even parts from internal kn7 styles.

Good excuse to create & build up a big pad library.
Going one step further, building a style part using easy composer for the pad riff. ie being able listen to the pad riff and scrolling thru the easy composer drums parts, bass parts etc and creating a style part that works with the riff.

Finally actually incorporating the pad riff as a permanent part of the style. A bit more complicated, but the tools are in the kn7 for doing it.

I've converted the odd style that no matter what you do, it just doesn't work. ( usually the drums are the culprit) The style may contain a good piano arpeggio, or guitar strums etc
One way of using them maybe to turn them into a pad, and then use easy composer to build up a new style or even use an existing kn style and mute any accomp. parts that clash.

There are all sorts of possibilties.

I created some piano pads yesterday.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kn7000styles/files/Rikki%27s%20Pads/
best wishes
Rikki

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 12-09-2003).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#55065 - 12/09/03 01:22 PM Re: Easy Composer & Pads
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
Piano pads are super Rikki, thanks for sharing your hard work. Dick Bergin

#55066 - 12/09/03 03:28 PM Re: Easy Composer & Pads
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rikki,

Well done. Sure works well with country music.

Fran in Florida

#55067 - 12/09/03 09:49 PM Re: Easy Composer & Pads
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Guys,
you're welcome. Fran, never thought to try them with a country style.
Just great to hear you may get some use from them.
Bill Norrie sent me through a wonderful version of Begin the Bequine he recorded using the Bequine style I uploaded to the group the other day.. Would never have imagined it could sound so good, there again Bill's playing may well be the reason for it ( haahaa)

best wishes
rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#55068 - 12/10/03 05:07 AM Re: Easy Composer & Pads
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
I have the KN6500 so I am not able to use your pads. I love the piano pads. Is there a way to make your pad sounds in the MP3 format so we can all hear them to get some ideas for creating on the kn6500?

#55069 - 12/10/03 11:55 AM Re: Easy Composer & Pads
Ad Rouw Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Hi lrngkybrd,
I'm not sure if just changing the instrument ID in the file will do the job and make the pads available for KN6x00, but I'll have a try. Otherwise I could safe the pads as a midi sequence which can be used to "recreate" the pads.

#55070 - 12/10/03 06:35 PM Re: Easy Composer & Pads
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
if you're interested in creating them for yourself I could send them to you as a midifile.

Pads are really simple to create using the seq to pad function.

Once you have a suitable snippet of music, they only take minutes to create.

Alec's kn6/65 book has details ( if you have it) and I've got details on pads on the KN7 Styles Website which might help you also.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kn7000styles/files/

My personal styles on the site could possibly be recreated from a midifile also. using the seq to composer function. It's a lot more work though, but definetly do able.

If anyone is interested just let me know.
Even though the site is basically for the KN7 , earlier keyboard owners are more than welcome. The basics of seq to style & seq to pad functions appear to be the same on kn6's
as on the kn7's ( and I can't for the life of me remember what functions my kn5 had for styles & pad creation)
I wasn't trying to exclude earlier owners.
If anyones willing to dabble, they're more than welcome to join us.
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lrngkybrd:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online