SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#54872 - 02/15/02 08:26 PM Expression Pedal
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
I'm interested in purchasing an expression pedal. What is the difference between Technics $75.00 pedal and Technotes $30.00 pedal?

#54873 - 02/15/02 11:20 PM Re: Expression Pedal
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Good question, but at Technote's webshop
the FC-3 price is £19.99 as far as I can see.
This is the "foot volume controller pedal",
and it is the one you mention?
I have a Technics SZ-E2, and that one I payed
aprox. £58 for.
Maybe it's a quality difference, but I doubt
it, it's probably made in the same factory, and
you have to pay that much just because of the
brand?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#54874 - 02/16/02 01:40 AM Re: Expression Pedal
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I would not recommend buying the Technote pedal. I bought one and it did not work well at all. It is cheaply made and the "action" was very jerky, hence almost impossible to obtain a smooth increase or decrease in volume. I gave it to a friend who wanted it and bought the Technics model. It works fine. I guess it is a case of you get what you pay for it terms of quality and performance.

#54875 - 02/16/02 03:36 AM Re: Expression Pedal
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I also bought the Technote Volume pedal and don't like it very much. As Chuck says, the action is not very smooth. Another thing I don't like about it is that it shuts off the sound completely at the low volume end. I'm going to take it to bits and see if I can improve it's operation.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54876 - 02/16/02 04:17 AM Re: Expression Pedal
technicsplayer Offline

I remember taking the technics one apart years ago and adjusting the screw grip on the potentiometer to give a smoother action at the lower end... worth a little experiment (this pedal still from the days of kn800!).

#54877 - 02/16/02 07:22 AM Re: Expression Pedal
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I bought the Technics expression pedal and it works fine. It wasn't $75, it was only around $40US. my old Roland expression pedal didn't work with the KN6000, Technics has their own way of doing things I guess.

Marilyn

#54878 - 02/16/02 07:44 AM Re: Expression Pedal
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Thanks for all your responses.

What about the 4 pedal foot controller? Any recommedations?

#54879 - 02/16/02 11:57 AM Re: Expression Pedal
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi again,

I have the multi-footswitch unit and like it very much. I also have the two single footswitches. The multi-footswitch gives me the versatility needed to use some of the more important foot-switchable features I want to select when playing. I remember reading several months ago on the Technote forum that the writer felt the switches on the multi-footswitch unit were too close together. I do not share that point of view.
If you decide to buy the multi-footswitch, I think you will be pleased with your decision.

#54880 - 02/16/02 11:57 AM Re: Expression Pedal
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi again,

I have the multi-footswitch unit and like it very much. I also have the two single footswitches. The multi-footswitch gives me the versatility needed to use some of the more important foot-switchable features I want to select when playing. I remember reading several months ago on the Technote forum that the writer felt the switches on the multi-footswitch unit were too close together. I do not share that point of view.
If you decide to buy the multi-footswitch, I think you will be pleased with your decision.

#54881 - 02/16/02 01:13 PM Re: Expression Pedal
Mike Harrison Offline

Loc: Oxford U.K.
Hi
I bought the multi-footswitch at christmas,easy to set up,I also use a single footswitch for the glide control, it will help a great deal to leave your hands free to do the playing,it may take a little while to remember what switch does what, could be my age i suppose, good luck.
Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online