SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54860 - 03/31/07 08:53 AM Technics SX-EA5 Password Problem
Anonymous
Unregistered

The SX-EA5 uses a floppy disk to save organ settings. I have used this successfully in the past; however, today, when I tried to save a setting, it asked for a password (which I have never knowingly set before). I removed the old floppy, inserted a new floppy, formatted it, and received the same message when trying to save the organ settings. I believe the message was error 13 but don't have the error in front of me just now so am unsure. The manual doesn't mention passwords. Would appreciate any and all help!

#54861 - 03/31/07 11:58 AM Re: Technics SX-EA5 Password Problem
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Dan,

I owned an EA5 several years ago. The only time I encountered a password, was for protection of a style or performance. I never used one myself.

Fran in SC

#54862 - 03/31/07 01:17 PM Re: Technics SX-EA5 Password Problem
jd5live Offline

Loc: Bilston , West Midlands,Englan...
Hi, the password feature is on all Technics organs and keyboards and even on some of the PR range. It enables people to create software and protect it from pirates, it is there to enable pro players who have spent many hours setting up a song and sequence from letting anybody using their work while they are still using it as part of a show program.
If you have used a demo disk or early technics or tecnote disc it may well have this protection on it.so unfortunately you cannot use this disc as a basis for new settings that you may want to save. The only way to remove the password request is to reset the organ. This is a total initial as shown in your owners manual.
Best regards John Dawson.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online