SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#54822 - 01/19/07 03:21 PM Re: Online robbery
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Peter,

You asked "I always thought that deleting an email without opening it (especially any attachment) stopped any invasion of the pc. Am I Correct in my assumption?"

In the case of that particular email, if it contains Malware or a Phishing attempt - deleting it without opening, will stop any attack related to that email.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54823 - 01/20/07 12:38 AM Re: Online robbery
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hi Willum,
I appriciate your skilfull explanation about
internet.
I think that most of us including me does't know how somethings works when we visit a site.

Thanks

Jack

#54824 - 01/20/07 05:03 AM Re: Online robbery
ochre aka ogre Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Willum,
Thanks for the re-assurance. Nice to know that I had done something right for once.
Makes me think that the source in my case was Limewire as I mentioned above. Be warned everyone!

Peter

#54825 - 01/20/07 11:52 AM Re: Online robbery
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Could be! Peer-to-Peer file sharing programs, such as Limewire, are notorious for transferring Malware on to your PC

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54826 - 01/20/07 01:39 PM Re: Online robbery
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
I always do a scan with "spyware DR", and AVG/Adaware, making sure all malicious items are removed before I do online banking/shopping.

I also never shop/bank online from my wireless computers Even though there's WPA2 security on them

Anthony

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online