SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54746 - 04/25/07 03:31 PM KN7000 user manual
Johnt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi all,
Expecting delivery of a KN7000 this weekend, but believe it is'nt coming with the user manual.
Any ideas as to where or how I can get hold of one. Otherwise I'll have an expensive piece of kit and one helluva learning curve to go through.
Also it probably will not have the music stand or intro discs.

JohnT

#54747 - 04/25/07 03:51 PM Re: KN7000 user manual
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi John,
You can download a PDF copy of the manual here :
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OperMan/findmanual.aspx?cat=ORG

If you need the two floppy disks (Style Convert and KN Initialisation) let me know and I can email them to you.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54748 - 04/26/07 12:51 PM Re: KN7000 user manual
Johnt Offline

Many thanks Willum,

I have spent ages scanning EBay to see if there was one for sale. Thanks to you I can stop that now. As for the disc's, not having read the manual, I do not know if I require them or not.
I have the notion that these are on the Technote discs "Getting to know your KN7000" which I have just recieved. But feel free to EMail them as a backup just in case I am wrong.
I take it that I cannot print this manual, i.e. it is a read only file?

Regardless Thank You

JohnT

#54749 - 04/27/07 03:01 AM Re: KN7000 user manual
Bill Norrie Offline

Glad to help John

There is no reason why you can't print the manual - just choose the 'Print' option in your PDF reader program. However, since there are over 200 pages, it might be worth trying to print it using double sided printout. Just in case you don't know how to do this.....
Assuming you are using 'Adobe Reader' to view the PDF file , select the 'Print...' option in the 'File' drop-down menu. Look in the 'Print Range' section for the entry 'All Pages in Range' and change this to 'Odd pages only'. This will then print pages 1,3,5,7 etc.
When this has finished, allow the pages to dry out and then put the paper back into your printer without disturbing the order and in the correct orientation to allow printing on the second side. Select the 'Print...' option in the 'File' drop-down menu, but this time, select 'Even pages only' in the 'Print Range' section.

The files to produce the two Floppy disks have been emailed to you.

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

Aldous Huxley

#54750 - 04/27/07 03:03 AM Re: KN7000 user manual
Bill Norrie Offline

double post

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 04-27-2007).]

Aldous Huxley

#54751 - 04/27/07 08:14 AM Re: KN7000 user manual
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Glad to help John

There is no reason why you can't print the manual - just choose the 'Print' option in your PDF reader program. However, since there are over 200 pages, it might be worth trying to print it using double sided printout. Just in case you don't know how to do this.....
Assuming you are using 'Adobe Reader' to view the PDF file , select the 'Print...' option in the 'File' drop-down menu. Look in the 'Print Range' section for the entry 'All Pages in Range' and change this to 'Odd pages only'. This will then print pages 1,3,5,7 etc.
When this has finished, allow the pages to dry out and then put the paper back into your printer without disturbing the order and in the correct orientation to allow printing on the second side. Select the 'Print...' option in the 'File' drop-down menu, but this time, select 'Even pages only' in the 'Print Range' section.

The files to produce the two Floppy disks have been emailed to you.

Thanks Bill for the double sided paper tip above - I wasn't aware of this - could have saved myself lots of paper in the past.......Joan

#54752 - 04/28/07 05:23 AM Re: KN7000 user manual
Johnt Offline

Thanks Bill,
but to save me ink & paper, a member has EMailed me privately to offer a spare copy he had, and I have taken him up on it.
Just a quick comment on the method for double sided printing. Having printed numerous flight sim manuals, which in some cases have far more pages than the Technics manual. A word of warning for the uninitiated. Do not attempt to print all of the manual at one time, the reason being that most desktop printers have the nasty habit of picking up more than one page at a time (sometimes three or more) and if doing the opposite page i.e. the Odd after Even pages. Everything gets horribly out of sequence, break your prints up into 10 or so page blocks, then if it goes AWOL you only need to reprint a few pages.

Regards all,
JohnT

#54753 - 04/28/07 09:29 AM Re: KN7000 user manual
Bill Norrie Offline

Good Tip John
I always use good quality paper and always 'Fan' the paper at least twice, before placing in my printer. I've never had any multiple sheet pick-up problems, but I know that some HP printers are prone to this problem.
I stick with Epson printers, because I've never experience any trouble with them.

Your friend has certainly saved you some hassle Good luck with your new Toy......

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

Aldous Huxley

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online