SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#54691 - 11/24/04 01:50 AM Re: Any audio demos of KN2600?
normy Offline

Loc: Swindon, Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
As I understand it the Technics models are backwards compatible. Meaning the KN2600 was the last to be produced,so it will read KN7000 info, but not the other way around.
That makes sense because this has happened with earlier models as I remember. Looks like I am unable to play all my lovely KN2600 recorded songs on my Keyboard Kapers group, KN7000 models. What a letdown. Thanks Scott for replying, anyway.

#54692 - 11/24/04 04:35 AM Re: Any audio demos of KN2600?
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Normy,

Since I have a PR54 and the songs I record will not play on a KN7000. I have written a progam that will convert the headers in the files so the song will play on a 7000. If you will email me a couple of songs from the 2600 I'll see if I can if to the conversion program.

This is not a perfect program because I found if I edit the song too much or add tracks it will not work. It seems to work with Easy Recorded songs though.

If you want to act as a test person let me know.

Best Wishes

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#54693 - 11/24/04 05:40 AM Re: Any audio demos of KN2600?
normy Offline

Loc: Swindon, Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally posted by shcox:
Hi Normy,

Since I have a PR54 and the songs I record will not play on a KN7000. I have written a progam that will convert the headers in the files so the song will play on a 7000. If you will email me a couple of songs from the 2600 I'll see if I can if to the conversion program.

This is not a perfect program because I found if I edit the song too much or add tracks it will not work. It seems to work with Easy Recorded songs though.

If you want to act as a test person let me know.

Best Wishes

Many thanks shcox for the offer, but I am rather a computer ignoramus and would not be able to give it a proper trial without help from this side of the pond.

Best wishes
Normy

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online