SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#54643 - 05/19/03 07:23 AM Re: KN2600
tracknet Offline

Technics player, which are the advantages in other areas provided by KN2600 flash card? It would be interesting to know them to may compare both kbs.
As you say, probably there are pros and cons in both keyboards. But it is difficult to know them before buy, because usually people say or write about Yamaha or about Technics, but rarelly about both in a comparative sense. And that is exactly what is more necessary: a comparative point of view. As you say, people will decide at the end by their personal preferences; but for a good decision, it is absolutely important to know not the characteristics of both keyboards (you have them on the net), but differences between both keyboards.
So, may you write a little about sustantial differences between 2600 and 2100?
Thanks a lot

#54644 - 05/19/03 09:48 AM Re: KN2600
technicsplayer Offline

the biggest difference is the ability to record digital audio through usb which gives pro quality recordings entirely independent of the quality of your soundcard, or whether you even have a soundcard at all.

The 2100 has added usb data transfer to the 2000, but you need a computer connected... SD storage is reasonably cheap, self contained, and can hold digital audio as well as 1000s of midi or technics files without the need for a computer connected or a boxful of floppies to swap.

#54645 - 05/19/03 11:56 AM Re: KN2600
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Hard drives and floppy drives and the disks themselves all have mechanical sensitive moving parts that are subject to damage to shock as when moving the keyboard and such. Lay a floppy on top of one of your speakers or any magnetic device for that matter and see what happens. Surprise, surprise! Had a kid shove something in my floppy drive once when I was on break. Good thing the mike was off when I shoved in the floppy. OK, maybe it wasn’t a kid but I had six of them consecutively and know what they do. My third son shoved a chunk of rock salt up his nose once from the water softener. Way up! Told Ruthie I would take the kid out to the shop, turn on the air compressor, stick the nozzle in his ear and see if I could blow it out. Ruthie never seems to like my ideas so we took him to the doc. All I want to say is the SD card is a great step forward in making the keyboard more kid proof among the other things I just mentioned. Alec is more knowledgeable when it comes to technology but let me tell you if you want to understand more of the down to earth stuff I’m your boy.

Grandpa Doug

#54646 - 05/19/03 02:37 PM Re: KN2600
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I actually have a kn7 which uses the sd card and has the audio functions that Alec mentioned. Loading styles via sd card is very quick.
Personally I find the audio function a fantastic feature. One of it's uses for me is to record audio backing tracks from Acid4 software and also from my other 2 keyboards, save them as mp3 files to sd card (via Panasonic SD Audio Writing Kit), then plug sd card into my kn7 and play along.
The backing track plays using the sound from the original instrument it was recored on ( in my case a Yamaha 9000 pro and a VA7 or tha Acid 4 Audio Loops), while melody is played using the kn7 sounds. I've even had a friend do a backing track for me on his wersi. He recorded and saved it to cd. I then converted it to mp3, saved it to the sd card and was able to to play along.

I haven't seen the KN2600, but if it has the same audio features as the kn7, then that is a big bonus.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tracknet:
[B]Technics player, which are the advantages in other areas provided by KN2600 flash card? It would be interesting to know them to may compare both kbs.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#54647 - 05/20/03 02:08 AM Re: KN2600
technicsplayer Offline

Talking of audio features, one of the highlights of the official 7k and recent official 2600 launches involved audio SD. The excellent Sara Raybould sang harmony with herself recorded on the SD card. The live and recorded voices were indistinguishable in quality over the studio monitors, and the total artistic effect was far superior to any vocaliser.

#54648 - 05/20/03 12:21 PM Re: KN2600
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Too bad you can't save the Audio (mp3)that's on the SD Card while playing along on the keyboard...or can you ? ...

Maybe record the combined performance as a wave or MP3 file then re save as a 7000 Audio File using Jukebox.

Then for even more imagination, harmonize on the new recording, save as an mp3, save to Sd Card, and add some more sounds on top of that.

The possibilities are endless

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#54649 - 05/21/03 06:48 AM Re: KN2600
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi Technics player,and lahawk;

Yes, throw away or get rid of your vocaliser, the sd card is the next best things since baked bread - well almost.

We have taken our songs playing live added live vocals and recorded on SD card direct from mixer into cool edit pro, changing to MP3 saving on SD card. Than playing SD card on
keyboard and re recording vocal again in harmony back ground.

We have also recorded our instrumentals and
played along live using untold amounts of
super sounds from the keyboard and sound boards. It is just endless on what you can do.

Who needs the mechanical sound of a vocaliser, a little more work with the SD card but the results are fantastic. I sold my harmonizer
on Ebay about 3 months ago.

Most forum membes are not taking advantage of the neat "things" you can do with your SD cards. Check it out and see what you can do.

Walt Tenay

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
Talking of audio features, one of the highlights of the official 7k and recent official 2600 launches involved audio SD. The excellent Sara Raybould sang harmony with herself recorded on the SD card. The live and recorded voices were indistinguishable in quality over the studio monitors, and the total artistic effect was far superior to any vocaliser.

#54650 - 05/21/03 01:20 PM Re: KN2600
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Walt,
I'm not sure if I understood correctly,
do you use the Panasonic SD Writing Kit or are you actually using Cool Edit to save to your mp3's to sd card for use in the KN7?
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Walt Tenay:
[B]Hi Technics player,and lahawk;

We have taken our songs playing live added live vocals and recorded on SD card direct from mixer into cool edit pro, changing to MP3 saving on SD card. Than playing SD card on

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#54651 - 05/21/03 03:15 PM Re: KN2600
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi,

Cool edit pro only for tweeking etc. (audio)
You can use your Song Manager or Cool Edit
pro to change your Wav to MP3.

You will than need the writing kit software to get it to your SD card to play in your keyboard.

Walt

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Walt,
I'm not sure if I understood correctly,
do you use the Panasonic SD Writing Kit or are you actually using Cool Edit to save to your mp3's to sd card for use in the KN7?
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Walt Tenay:
[B]Hi Technics player,and lahawk;

#54652 - 05/22/03 01:24 PM Re: KN2600
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Walt,
thank you for clarifying. Cool Edit must be something similar to the Soundforge program that I received with my Acid 4 software.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Walt Tenay:
Hi,

Cool edit pro only for tweeking etc. (audio)
You can use your Song Manager or Cool Edit
pro to change your Wav to MP3.

You will than need the writing kit software to get it to your SD card to play in your keyboard.

Walt

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online