SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54504 - 12/26/03 09:05 AM The Highlight of Christmas Day At Our House
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
What was the Highlight of Christmas Day at your house?
I will go first and hope your will post yours next:
The highlight of our Christmas Day was a phone call from forum members all the way from Scotland to us in San Jose, California, of about 15 or more minutes duration. We were absolutely thrilled to have a third dimension added to these fine folks. It was really a joy to speak with them in person and learn more about them. Thank you to Paul and Anne. Congrats to them also on their recent wedding
PS they both play technics and she has to be one of the best vocalists.
Paul posts here on the Technics Forum.
Thanks for the call Paul and Anne
Best to all
Bebop

PS: Not wanting to get crowned I took the extra e away from ANNE

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 12-27-2003).]

#54505 - 12/26/03 04:43 PM Re: The Highlight of Christmas Day At Our House
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Bill, I also received a call from Paul and Anne, so I know exactly what you are talking about. The fact that someone so far away thinks enough of you to call and chat sort of puts a warm fuzzy feeling in your heart. The flu has hit my wife and I extra hard this season with her spending four days in the hospital, so our Christmas was looking very bleak.....until a group of carollers from our church showed up in freezing weather to sing for us. Another great uplifting for our low spirits and another reminder that Christmas isn't about the accumulation of stuff. It's all about love. Things are looking brighter already!

#54506 - 12/27/03 09:13 AM Re: The Highlight of Christmas Day At Our House
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
There were many (fortunately) but the one I personally enjoyed the most was Christmas eve at my brother & sister - in- laws' house, after a sumptuous dinner, having all the kids gather around my kn6000, singing Christmas songs as we waited for Santa to deliver the gifts...
t.

#54507 - 12/27/03 11:39 AM Re: The Highlight of Christmas Day At Our House
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hello!

Yes indeed! Christmas is about love, family, and friends. The highlight of my Christmas was the time spent with my two grandchildren, their faces beaming, their laughter, while playing games with them in the living room floor. It doesn't get any better than that. And the icing on the cake was a golf shirt from them embroidered "Chuck Piper, No. 1 Grandad". I will wear it with pride.

Take Care Guys, Chuck

#54508 - 12/27/03 12:59 PM Re: The Highlight of Christmas Day At Our House
pablomb8 Offline

Loc: Stenhousemuir Scotland UK
Hi to everyone on the forum and beyond and may Anne and myself wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year.
Thank you to both Bill and Bud for what has been put on the forum, it means a lot to both Anne and myself.
Anne originally spoke to Bud a long time ago over styles for the kn6000 and he advised talking to Bill. Since then we feel that we have made 2 loyal friends in America, hence the phone calls on Christmas day. Anne has spoke to Bud once before but it was lovely talking to you all as both wives were there as well.
Again may we wish everyone a Happy New Year.

P.S. On a lighter note Bill, anne's screen name was anneejm standing for Anne Emily Joynes Mitchell so the Anne has just the one e lol. I remember calling her Annie one day and I thought she was going to crown me.

[This message has been edited by pablomb8 (edited 12-27-2003).]

#54509 - 12/27/03 04:13 PM Re: The Highlight of Christmas Day At Our House
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thanks Paul for bringing me current on Anne's correct name spelling/pronunciation. I did in fact have it from her former email address before she married this great guy named Paul
I have now corrected it in the post above
Bebop

#54510 - 12/29/03 04:46 PM Re: The Highlight of Christmas Day At Our House
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Everyone,

The highlight of my Christmas Day was being taken out for a long leisurely Christmas Dinner (the first time I haven't cooked it in 46 years of marriage)

There was an even better surprise for my husband, he got to drive my daughter's boyfriend's brand new, bright red Ferrarai car, complete with hat and sunglasses. At 67 and without a hope of ever owning such a car for himself, it really made his day. He's still talking about it, you know how men do "she's a beauty, the power, the speed etc.,"

This was followed by all of our family coming for the day on Boxing Day (20 of us) playing games, singing songs etc., and not a TV in sight. A real old fashioned Christmas - it was lovely.

Happy New Year to you all.

Aud

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online