SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#54484 - 03/28/05 11:22 AM FAVOURITES SECTION
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All.
Just a question about the favourites section on the KN7. How many actually make use of this section? It doesn't seem to create much interest on this forum. Also if there is anyone who does use it, how useful do they find it?

regards
peter b.

#54485 - 03/28/05 11:54 AM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Peter
I use it most of the time.
I do a music quiz at one of my weekly venues, so the Quiz tunes get put into favourites folders and I just change the songs each week.
Also I regularly play requests. I ask for these requests during the interval and then before I start the second half I put any of the songs that I've already got set up on my SD card into another favourites folder.
It means I'm not wasting time searching during the performance.

I also back several different singers, so the songs that they regularly sing are put into another favourites folder under the singers name.

I also often use favourites to set out the order of the songs I'm going to play.

The main benefits are that it saves time, it means no paper lists to lose and can all be prepared at home (except for the requests at interval)

John

[This message has been edited by John North (edited 03-28-2005).]

#54486 - 03/28/05 01:05 PM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
Anonymous
Unregistered

Peter,

Good question. I never use the favorites section. Maybe I will find some use for it from the answers given.

Fran in Florida

#54487 - 03/28/05 07:39 PM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
After 1 1/2 years on my KN7 I found Favorites. I am now using Favorites for all the midi files and technics files that I will sing or play with. If I am not mistaken there's room for 360 songs. I am even putting Keyboard settings in them.

I am giving in a little -- playing with a midi files still feels like playing with a tape recorder. I did that many years ago as a guitar player. Progress??? I guess I'm getting old.
Have a good one, John C.

#54488 - 03/29/05 12:18 AM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
The only trouble - apart from feelings of guilt - with playing over the top of midi files is that you can't use that other wonderful cheat - Technicord...chuckle.
Rog
Back to original subject - Favorites - because over time you save rhythms/style files and settings for individual songs in different folders to the one's you end up wanting them to be in, Favorites is a great way to bring them all back together sequentially (nothing to do with sequencing!) in one place...

#54489 - 03/29/05 03:24 AM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I use FAVORITES while doing special music at church,and other places where I am doing playlists. I only wish the screen would stay so I could have the next one ready to go without having to go back to the SD button.
Does anyone know of a faster way to do sequential songs ?
Bernie

#54490 - 03/29/05 04:29 AM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Peter,

I tend to use the favourites section to quickly set up keyboard parameters rather than song, sound and style settings. I use my keyboard in a number of different MIDI configurations and if playing out I use different footswitch configurations to home.
When playing out to a predetermined program I tend to make use of the full 108 panel memories so that I can arrange my songs into a minimum number of files which can be loaded at appropriate break points in the program.

Cheers
Len C.

#54491 - 03/29/05 04:49 AM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Bernie
The answer is 'Display Hold'...
Rog

#54492 - 03/29/05 09:37 AM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi All.
Thanks for all the answers. Very interesting to know that the favourites section is well used. I gather from all that, that it is a little bit like making up a custom file in the custom stylist but maybe a lot less effort and time. I will now look deeper into the subject. there may be even more suggestions. Hope so.

Regards
Peter B

#54493 - 03/29/05 10:24 AM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
FAVORITES...another great place to go to & program in the AWESOME 7K!

So far all I have done is store my favorite registrations there....some tweaked rhythms also. Every time I want to put something there it is necessary to relearn how to do the storing process! Therefore I do not use it as much as I will when I can remember the routine!

After having my 7K for just a bit over a year....still a lot of learning to do!

If I knew all the questions I would ask them...

ELIZABETH

#54494 - 03/29/05 01:43 PM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi,
just my two pennies-remark. Did you know that the SDCardTool from Thomas König has a easy to handle menu to (re)arrange your favorite-songs?
Greetings,
Cees

#54495 - 03/29/05 11:08 PM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Elizabeth.
Whatever the question, there is one guarantee, that is that someone out there knows the answers and that's a big help. The KN7 is a little bit like the WORLD, The more you learn about it, then the smaller it gets. I've had mine since they first came out and there is, it seems, always something to learn about it.
regards
peter b
Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
FAVORITES...another great place to go to & program in the AWESOME 7K!

So far all I have done is store my favorite registrations there....some tweaked rhythms also. Every time I want to put something there it is necessary to relearn how to do the storing process! Therefore I do not use it as much as I will when I can remember the routine!

After having my 7K for just a bit over a year....still a lot of learning to do!

If I knew all the questions I would ask them...

ELIZABETH

#54496 - 03/30/05 10:52 AM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
PETER....How right on you are!

#54497 - 03/30/05 02:15 PM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Yes, a nice favorite arranger is our KN-SDExplorer tool. Just put all your SD-folders on your hard drive:

c:\SD1\folder1... 2... 3...
c:\SD2\folder1... 2... 3... etc

Now take en empty SD Card: with two instances of our tool you can make your favorite ballads or country folders, or what ever.

Regards, Fred
http://kn-sdexplorer.has.it

#54498 - 03/30/05 05:22 PM Re: FAVOURITES SECTION
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
Hi all,

I would see a use for the favorite in the following setup:

I would have the voice and the rhythm (including the Tempo) for each song stored in the panel memory (Bank 1 to bank 10) in a consecutive order while moving from one memory location to another through the foot switch. In the favorite section I will store different voices for easy access while playing.

Doron

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online