SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53921 - 10/07/02 06:35 AM Kn7000 Audio recorder problem
Tom Cornish Offline

Loc: Port Macquarie, NSW, Australia
I made my first wave recording from the Kn7000 today. However the recording when played back through the KN exhibited some thumps or pops which seemed to increase as the play back progressed. At one point there was a tiny loss of data (It sort of sounded like someone had made the pick up jump on a LP player) The sound itself was fine and just as good as the original. Whilst I can put up with a few pops during play back. The recording really isnt clean enough to burn a CD. Has anyone else experienced this and found out a possible cause, like possibly another programme running at the same time and interefering weith the recording process. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction. Many thanks
Tom C

#53922 - 10/07/02 06:45 AM Re: Kn7000 Audio recorder problem
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello,
I had the same problem..
I changed from Windows Me to Windows XP and now it is a lot better. I still have some
thumps or pops but not as much as before.
I tried everything but I didn't find a solution.
Greetings,
Alain

#53923 - 10/07/02 07:59 AM Re: Kn7000 Audio recorder problem
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Try using 98 i got a good result from the first time i used the audio recorder no jumps or pops at all.
jan

#53924 - 10/07/02 08:57 AM Re: Kn7000 Audio recorder problem
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
No more jumps and pops...I deinstalled Norton Internet Security 2002 and the problem is terminated.
But I have no more Antivirus program running. Maybe another program will not give any problems.
Alain

#53925 - 10/07/02 01:28 PM Re: Kn7000 Audio recorder problem
technicsplayer Offline

it is unrealistic to expect to record clean digital audio with background tasks reading or writing from the hard disk.

#53926 - 10/07/02 02:31 PM Re: Kn7000 Audio recorder problem
Justsounds Offline

Loc: Rooskey, Southern Ireland.
I'm running XP Pro and have no problems whatsoever with the audio recorder, I would suggest you try stopping all programs running in the background first if you are having problems. I have no interference whatsoever on playback of recorded music and audio even though I have McAfee Firewall Plus and virus protection running in the background.. But I do have a very fast processor and 500MB of RAM, perhaps this helps.. who knows.. all I can say is that it all works rather well and far better than I ever expected. I played my first gig with the 7000 on Sunday using exactly the same settings on my mixing desk as were used the night before with the KN6000 (in the same venue) everyone of my regulars liked the sound qualities of the new keyboard and said it was " A fuller, more mellow sound"

#53927 - 10/07/02 03:04 PM Re: Kn7000 Audio recorder problem
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Tom, I had a load of trouble with my first recordings, and still have, with one of my PCs - others are now OK. As has been said by others, it is best to disable most background programs before starting any recording.
My experiences are on the Forum here, if they are of any interest. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000928.html

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online