SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53836 - 12/28/05 08:28 PM When you know the end has come 2
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, all my SynthZone friends! I have taken the liberty of continuing the former thread about the "end" of the Technics keyboards and starting a second string on the same topic, just to make it easier to read without first having to scroll through all the many comments already written. (I hope you will find it worth reading!)

Anyway, I guess I consider my Technics 7000 somewhat like my "baby", now getting older and growing up. When first "born" about three years ago, I was so excited at the new arrival that I spent untold hours loving and enjoying it. But just as babies' activities and idiosyncrasies become more and more familiar, we become somewhat less attentive. So, I have learned over these last few years many of the possibilities and idiosyncrasies of my Technics 7000 "baby" and perhaps I am paying a bit less attention to it than I did at first, but, just as we continue to learn about our prodigy from day to day, so I discover and learn something new about my 7000 every day.

Now, do we ignore and push aside our real baby just because it is growing older and more familiar to us? NEVER! And so, I will not turn away from my wondrous Technics 7000 "baby" either just because it is now growing older! Will I replace it with something less exciting? No more than I would replace my own children! If another is "born", I will merely add it to the family. But will a new addition totally replace the older one? As I said, NEVER! Let the family grow, but don't compare one with another or consider one superior or inferior to another. Rather let each individual complement and supplement the other(s) and work both together and independently.

So, all my dear SynthZone friends and Technics "parents", continue to enjoy the wonders of learning and growing along with the brilliant keyboard wonders still to be discovered. I will never become either an expert parent or musician--(being a mere amateur "ear player" and non-musician just as perhaps I am just a mere amateur parent to my now grown-up son)--but the love will continue always and I will relish every day we share together.

Perhaps this is a bizarre analogy and maybe even a bit "overboard", but it is my sincere continuing love and affection for an inanimate object that offers me such enormous pleasure in my musical, escapist life, just as my family will always be a central and integral part of my family life.

Long live the Technics keyboards! The producation of the keyboards may have reached an "end", but I sincerely hope that does not mean the end of this tremendously informative and exciting SynthZone forum dedicated to the continued growth of knowledge and friendship among us all!

A happy and thrilling New Year to all you from this Yankee Jaybird in the USA!!!

Ted Rose

#53837 - 12/29/05 04:29 AM Re: When you know the end has come 2
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Well said. My 7000 will never be replaced.

Fran in SC

#53838 - 12/29/05 05:23 AM Re: When you know the end has come 2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.... nor my kn6000 ...
t.

#53839 - 12/29/05 06:23 AM Re: When you know the end has come 2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Nor my G1000!!!

#53840 - 12/29/05 06:27 AM Re: When you know the end has come 2
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Nor my G1000!!!

...... you tell 'em Fran ....
t.

#53841 - 12/29/05 08:01 AM Re: When you know the end has come 2
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Well said all you forumers !!!

It's easy to always be chasing the next new Keyboard .
I played my midi accordion hooked up to the Kn7000 over christmas .
I'd heard on the radio a "gypsy kings " version of My Way , I quickly found the appropriate set up on the KN7000 and within in minutes I'm playing the tune and it sounds good .
What I'm trying to say is this "if you want to change keyboards do so it's down to personal choice and good luck "

I certainly feel that the KN7000 has many more years of useful life left in the design and sounds .

Many people admit to never really mastering all the operating system (and I'm one of these people ).
There has been so much written in the Techplus magazine articals concerning tips and projects ,that i for one , have only scratched the surface !!
I'm sure glad I bought all four expansion boards at the time of purchasing the keyboard .
The Technics forum members are a great bunch of knowledgable and helpful people who are only too pleased to assist a member with a technical query / tip / music / midi file .

Long may our Technics Forum Continue

I wish you all a Happy Healthy & Musical 2006

regards ........Giovanni (Norwich Norfolk England )

#53842 - 12/29/05 08:49 AM Re: When you know the end has come 2
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
My baby is my Baby Ruth. Ruthie is my baby. If I ever find something that can DO IT better than my KN I might consider a tad bit of adultery.

Grandpa who's fickle fingers will fly from one pretty number to another without missing a note.

Thought I would sort of pop in and pop out again to let ya'all know old Gramps ain't croaked yet! I’m still dating Ruthie and that eighty one year old Great Grandma is still sleeping with Grandpa in the same bed. She still rubs her fingers through my hair while I massage my KN seven. I still fire up the crowd and Ruthie still can light a fire in me even with what looks like snow piled on my head.

Getting old and starting to see some of your children not doing too good and one die sort of gets one thinking somewhat! I guess what ever has a beginning must have an ending along the line. Some sooner and some later. Flesh and blood and even plastic boards must be enjoyed while in our lives or what’s the use?

So Ted, yes, I did find your thoughts worth reading as I would also offer mine.

Grandpa

#53843 - 12/29/05 10:23 AM Re: When you know the end has come 2
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Well stated, Ted.

Cees
P.S. good to see that you still peeping the www grandpa

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online