Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#53726 - 11/26/04 03:06 PM Re: KN SD EXPLORER
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi All,,,

I have a SAD ANNOUNCEMENT

Unfortunately I have a sad message to tell. Gert Jan's little son has small poks and both Gert Jan have side effects of it.

Moreover we are both tired, very, very busy at work... and a bit disppointed too: No feedback about 1.10 update, no customers coming in anymore, some emails with questions, mainly because of ignorance, not reading FAQ, or tutorial page via http://kn-sdexplorer.has.it

And last but not least some private problems, some financial some emotional are also in effect. For those more interested about details: on my personal website http://vision4life.shows.it you can read my "Vision for Life". Well, my dream is almost vanished: I am victim of a home internet business that I joined as Gold member with help from a friend who paid mainly for it. Now this company is twice reorganised to CEO's have enriched themselves probably and suddenly GOLD membership costs $1800 instead of originally $225. So I am "in debt" by fraude/white collar criminality. At the moment I asked a lawyer to help me via trade union. This and some other issues have depressed me personally. But also Gert Jan's energy is up for the moment. Hopefully new energy next year.

So the sad message is that further development of the tool, like supporting Cusotme Style files and MIDI, is delayed until at least beginning 2005.

I hope by that time we have also the solution for Windows 98 compatibility which is also a pian in the ass. And I hope we have become some more customers by then.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#53727 - 11/26/04 04:12 PM Re: KN SD EXPLORER
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fred,

Sorry to hear about Gert Jan and your problems. My prayers are with you.

Your software has more than paid for itself for me. If Bill Gates, through the years, cannot produce an operating system without glitches how can we expect perfection with your software without updates.

You and Gert Jan slow down, get your personal problems taken care of. The 7000 will not go away for many years and neither will the SD Explorer.

Fran in Florida

#53728 - 11/26/04 08:08 PM Re: KN SD EXPLORER
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Fred
I'm a very satisfied customer, apologies for not providing feedback but do so now. Installed your update, works very well and I really don't know how I could organise, and re-organise my SD cards without this very effective tool.
Thanks
Keith

#53729 - 12/19/04 10:00 AM Re: KN SD EXPLORER
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hello all,

Today I received Panasonic's PC Audio PC Writing Kit (SZ-CB7), which contains an SD-reader model BN-SDCEAE. I tried is with our KN-SDExplorer tool and I can confirm, that Verifying and/or song handling with our tool is MUCH SLOWER than with my cheap Apacer Mega Steno Reader (approx. $10). The expensive Panasonic Reader is USB 1.1 while my cheap commodity reader is USB 2.0. That makes a REALLY GREAT DIFFERENCE IN PERFORMING. So it is highly recommended to get yourself a cheap reader in the PC store.

Another news: in 2005 we will likely go on with developing an upgrade of our tool which might handle MIDI files and playlists, and more.

Regards, Fred
http://www.kn7000.net/Fred_Mellink
http://kn-sdexplorer.has.it

#53730 - 12/19/04 01:14 PM Re: KN SD EXPLORER
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fred,

I think Joan found out the Panasonic Reader is 1.0 as I did the Sandisk that I had. Anyone purchasing a reader should make sure it is 2.0.

Happy Holidays,

Fran in Florida

#53731 - 12/19/04 03:51 PM Re: KN SD EXPLORER
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
I'm curious, my Panasonic USB Card Reader is model SDCBAE. I presume Fred's is a later update (SDCEAE), unless we have a regionalisation in these things, as I am in Australia.
Keith

#53732 - 12/20/04 05:15 AM Re: KN SD EXPLORER
Anonymous
Unregistered

Keith,

Mine is SDCEAE so it has to be different models. Not sure when USB 2.0 started but it was probably after the design of the Panasonic Reader.

Fran in Florida

#53733 - 12/20/04 07:29 AM Re: KN SD EXPLORER
Anonymous
Unregistered

Keith,

Mine is SDCEAE so it has to be different models. Not sure when USB 2.0 started but it was probably after the design of the Panasonic Reader.

Fran in Florida

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online