SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#53602 - 01/16/02 11:11 PM Re: Hi to all former technote members
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Hey it's great so see all the new members from the Technote forum. BEBOP got in touch with me about this and to see if it would be OK if a number of members used the Synth Zone Technics forum. And of course you are all very welcome. It is fantastic to see new life on what has been a quiet forum to date. And I see Gunnar Jonny ,TomTomSF, Bob and Frank are here to welcome you as well. These guys plus many others on the Synth Zone BBS have an incredible collective knowledge about keyboards, especially Arranger Keyboards. And I'm sure you new members will add even more to the pool of experience.

Commercewise I can guarantee a POPUP FREE ZONE. Apart from the page top banner there is no other advertising to put up with. I allow music businesses the occasional product announcement on the forums but if that is abused I delete the postings and the ability to post. If you wish to prevent your email address from being made available then that is an option in the "Profile" menu (near the top of the BBS pages).

I hope it becomes a thriving source of Technics information for you all.

Cheers,
Nigel

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 01-16-2002).]

#53603 - 01/17/02 05:01 AM Re: Hi to all former technote members
Pete Dale Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
Hi Everyone

Good to be up and running Like Gunnar's Technote letter pity they have no fax machine
they then could have some paper to tear up also like the remark one's dead is anothers bread
see you soon and remember
Every day above ground is a good day
Regards

Pete

#53604 - 01/17/02 08:47 AM Re: Hi to all former technote members
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi BEBOP
Thank you very much for all the work you have done to give us another place to express our opinions without censorship. It is greatly appreciated. -- Carol

QUOTE]Originally posted by BEBOP:
Hi all musician friends.
I am happy to report that this is a good place for us to move to from where we were.
I will be logging in here every day as I used to on the other forum. I think this one is much more friendly and not trying to peddle their wares to us.
Peace from BEBOP

[/QUOTE]

------------------
Sissle

#53605 - 01/17/02 11:24 AM Re: Hi to all former technote members
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
"how sweet it is," Like its been said for
years and years: "All's well that ends well." Will read your Posts every day.

ARJ

#53606 - 01/17/02 11:31 AM Re: Hi to all former technote members
Mike Harrison Offline

Loc: Oxford U.K.
Hi Everyone
Just like to thank Bebop,Gunnar,Marilyn and not forgetting Nigel for makeing this possible,I was new to the Technote site and when all this trouble started I thoughtI would lose all contact with proper people, but no, thanks to the Synthzone and everyone who got this together so fast I am able to relax again and Enjoy.
Mike

#53607 - 01/17/02 01:27 PM Re: Hi to all former technote members
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Hi all

I've posted this message at my tread with the 'Open letter to Technote'. I think that it might fit in here too, because many of you use the link stright to this topic, so I'll take the risk to repeat it:

The 'Jungle Telegraph'is a very strong tool, and that tool have been spoken for Technotes benefit for a long time. Now they've managed to turn it against themselves.
Now, when our blood is "heated up to the high level", we most not forget that Technote has been a great place, and that our goal is not to make any more damage, but get things sorted out so we could carry on the good things we was a part of, even if it look like that's never going to happen right at the moment.

Myself, I have tried to reach in to the Technote admin by use of the forum, because this is a common matter for all of us who where regulary users/members, instead of use a e-mail directly to Nik or Graham. But you have all seen what happened.

Please, don't make this to a war against Technote, but rather see it as we are no longer welcome to use the service as we was lucky to be a part of. They don't want let any of us know about the facts why they act like they do, and as already said, there most be a reason. Until we know more about the exact reason, and no users have got any personal message about it, there is nothing more we can do about it than look into ourselves and see if there was something illegal things we did. If it's so, then we have to be careful and not repeat it here at this forum so we have to go through it all again. Even if the "space under the roof" is quite high here at Nigel's forums, there is no need to jump higher than nessesary.

This is my final comment on this matters, unless there is coming any comments from Technote to be replied.
Let's look forward, enjoy and have fun with the music, and use this forum in a proper way so that Nigel don't have to step in and calm us down too often

Kind regards
GJ

The rest of the story you'll find here:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/000297.html

So as Graham say, LOOK FORWARD.

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 01-23-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#53608 - 01/17/02 02:47 PM Re: Hi to all former technote members
DaveT Offline

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Hi BeBop, Landed on this wonderful strip of net thanks to Gunnar's and your links and it is looking great already. Thanks for all your effort over the past week and look forward to a return to the good old days and late late nights keeping upto date with the postings. I noted the "Junior Members", & "Members" and at 66yrs. is that a "Baby Member"?
Thanks again for all the E's and upto the min. news see you around
DaveT.
[/B][/QUOTE]

#53609 - 01/17/02 03:32 PM Re: Hi to all former technote members
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Just in case someone of you like to know it,
the Junior Member will turn to member when
you have posted 32 times. Then you're a member
at the 33th if I don't remember it wrong.

Baby member? Well maybe at 2500 or so
Nigel, did you get that ??
GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 01-17-2002).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#53610 - 01/17/02 04:05 PM Re: Hi to all former technote members
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Another good one Tony!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
... at least this time I did my own editing !!!
t.

#53611 - 01/17/02 04:12 PM Re: Hi to all former technote members
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Good sentiments Gunnar..
Quotation..."A good soldier never looks back"!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Hi all

I've posted this message at my tread with the 'Open letter to Technote'. I think that it might fit in here too, because many of you use the link stright to this topic, so I'll take the risk to repeat it:

The 'Jungle Telegraph'is a very strong tool, and that tool have been spoken for Technotes benefit for a long time. Now they've managed to turn it against themselves.
Now, when our blood is "heated up to the high level", we most not forget that Technote has been a great place, and that our goal is not to make any more damage, but get things sorted out so we could carry on the good things we was a part of, even if it look like that's never going to happen right at the moment.

Myself, I have tried to reach in to the Technote admin by use of the forum, because this is a common matter for all of us who where regulary users/members, instead of use a e-mail directly to Nik or Graham. But you have all seen what happened.

Please, don't make this to a war against Technote, but rather see it as we are no longer welcome to use the service as we was lucky to be a part of. They don't want let any of us know about the facts why they act like they do, and as already said, there most be a reason. Until we know more about the exact reason, and no users have got any personal message about it, there is nothing more we can do about it than look into ourselves and see if there was something illegal things we did. If it's so, then we have to be careful and not repeat it here at this forum so we have to go through it all again. Even if the "space under the roof" is quite high here at Nigel's forums, there is no need to jump higher than nessesary.

This is my final comment on this matters, unless there is coming any comments from Technote to be replied.
Let's look forward, enjoy and have fun with the music, and use this forum in a proper way so that Nigel don't have to step in and calm us down too often

Kind regards
GJ

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online