SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#53303 - 08/29/02 08:13 PM Re: NEARLY 'GOT IT'
Cliff Alexander Offline

Loc: TAUPO. New Zealand.
To John and anyone else considering the use of the golf bag carrier with built in wheels for transporting your keyboard, I urge caution. Unless some form of rigid panel is installed in the base, two things happen 1. The weight of the keyboard when being wheeled will cause distortion at the bottom, the bag will rub on the ground and wear through rapidly. 2. When both wheeling and carrying, pressure can be applied to the keys themselves causing damage to the key bed (it happened to me).
On the market now (in N.Z. anyway) there is a keyboard trolley case with extendable handle and built in wheels, fully padded and with external pockets for books and equipment under the brand name "Gator". A perfect fit for the KN6000 and PSR2000 and ideal for the job.

------------------

#53304 - 08/29/02 08:49 PM Re: NEARLY 'GOT IT'
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
HI,
what a wealth of info here,thanks guys,best regards ,BENNO

#53305 - 08/30/02 01:22 AM Re: NEARLY 'GOT IT'
technicsplayer Offline

To John,
someone has told me they have a bag that fits the 7k (with room to spare) and was almost padded like a flight case but I have no idea what the model number is. Try technote and see if they can tell you a make and model number?

#53306 - 08/30/02 07:11 AM Re: NEARLY 'GOT IT'
Catsailor Offline

A custom-made bag is great if you have several hundred dollars laying around. I'm just a poor slob, so I have to improvise. If you look around, you can find a bag with a good bottom to it, and besides, putting at least 2 inches of foam padding around the keyboard will be more than adequate protection. Try it! If you don't like it, you will only lose about $50.00. Then, you can use the bag and take up golf(A real expensive hobby!!)to go along with your expensive custom-made case.

Peter

#53307 - 08/30/02 07:30 AM Re: NEARLY 'GOT IT'
Catsailor Offline

Just a quick note. Remember now, I'm talking about the travel bag that goes over the golf clubs and golf bag, not the golf bag itself. Just thought I'd better clarify this for non-golfers.

Peter

#53308 - 08/30/02 11:03 AM Re: NEARLY 'GOT IT'
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi everyone. Many thanks for all the ingenious suggestions. I'm undecided now between a golf bag, shopping trolley, pushchair, pram, wheelie bin etc. I knew my cries of woe would not go unnoticed.
Alec Thanks for your suggestion. - I rang Technote and Graham Tilney has, in order to get me 'on the road', kindly sold me one of their sample bags at cost. They are currently evaluating suitable bags.
So the topic can be amended to read
GOT ONE TOO - YIPPEEEEEEE

#53309 - 08/30/02 12:37 PM Re: NEARLY 'GOT IT'
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Congratulations John!!!!
Walter.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online