SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53202 - 12/25/04 09:04 AM Octave +/-
dpeisic Offline

Loc: San Deigo, Ca, USA
with KN 7000, I am at variation 1 and choosed Octave -1 for the sound. when moving to variation 2 the Octave -1 is not active any more. Is there any way to lock the Octave -1 so that it will be effective in all the variation, untill I manually deactivate it?

Thanks,
Doron Peisic

#53203 - 12/26/04 08:16 AM Re: Octave +/-
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hi Doron,

It is a good question and I will experiment on this to find a solution. I knwo one solution that always works: Put your variation 1 settings under a button in the Panel Memory, and variation 2 with the same octave settings under another button.

Regards, Fred
http://www.kn7000.net/Fred_Mellink

#53204 - 04/08/05 04:38 PM Re: Octave +/-
dpeisic Offline

At KN 7000,MSA is at SOUND & RHYTHM, I am at variation 1 and chose Octave -1 for the sound. when moving to variation 2 the Octave -1 is not active any more.

Is there any way to lock the Octave -1 so that it will be effective in all the variation, untill I manually deactivate it when MSA is at SOUND & RHYTHM?

Thanks all for your time,
Doron Peisic

#53205 - 04/08/05 04:53 PM Re: Octave +/-
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
In this scenario, I would use the EXPAND mode when saving all the relevant panel memories then your keyboard will remember and store every move you make.

Hope this helps!

Aud (U.K.)

#53206 - 04/08/05 05:43 PM Re: Octave +/-
dpeisic Offline

Thanks Audrey,

I want to avoid saving the sound in the panel memory.

When MSA is at SOUND & RHYTHM, MSA is on, variation 1 has R1/R2 -1.

I play at variation 1 and than move to variation 2, currently the R1/R2 moves to 0 at variation 2. Is it possible to have the R1/R2 unchanged when moving from variation 1 to variation 2 at the setup mentioned above?

Thanks again,
Doron

#53207 - 04/08/05 06:32 PM Re: Octave +/-
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi dpeisic:

I have a PR804 which does the same thing.
Your question is: You want to be able to lock Octave -1 so that it will be effective in all the variations using MSA with SOUND and RHYTHM set? You also stated you don't want to use Panel Memory.

Well I have some good news and bad news. The bad news is that it can not be done, the MSA will reset the +/- Octaves each time. The good news, there is a way, sort of.

There is a MSA setting of PANEL MEMORY that you can set and still use the MSA to do what you want. But first do this:

Set MSA with SOUND and RHYTHM, go to variation 1, and set your +/- Octave to -1. Set this in Panel Memory 1, go to MSA variation 2, set +/- Octave to -1, set panel memory 2. Repeat for Var 3 and 4, panel memory 3 and 4. Once these are done, change the MSA to PANEL MEMORY. Have MSA on, and what happens now, is when you press MSA Variation 1, it uses panel memory 1, that has the -1 Octave, when you press MSA variation 2 it uses panel memory 2 that has the -1 Octave, etc on the others. This is as close as I think you will get on what you want to do in keeping the +/- Octave the same when using the MSA. Hope this helps.

Anthony

#53208 - 04/08/05 10:14 PM Re: Octave +/-
dpeisic Offline

Thanks Anthony, You precisely defined my question in different words. Ok I totally got it.

Ok I totally got it.

When saving the sounds the panel memory, I can only save in on the first 4 memory locations on the bank A, B or C. is it correct?

Doron

#53209 - 04/08/05 11:16 PM Re: Octave +/-
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hi,

You asked; When saving the sounds to panel memory, I can only save in on the first 4 memory locations on the bank A, B or C. is it correct?

You can only save to Bank A, Memory 1-4. Well on the PR804 it does, maybe different on the KN7000.

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 04-08-2005).]

#53210 - 04/09/05 06:18 AM Re: Octave +/-
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
[QUOTE] Is there any way to lock the Octave -1 so that it will be effective in all the variation, untill I manually deactivate it?

Hi Doron

It's quite simple.
Use the Expand Mode Filter. Press and hold the Set button. Select Expand Mode. Go to page 2 and change R1/R2 Octave to OFF. Whatever Octave setting you choose will remain unchanged for all Panel Memories. However, you should remember that as long as you are in Expand Mode, the octave settings for other songs/tunes will also remain unchanged for each panel memory

John

#53211 - 04/09/05 08:26 AM Re: Octave +/-
dpeisic Offline

Thanks you all responding.

Now I am clear how I should handle the Octave -/+, in variation 1 to variation 4, when I want it to stay unchanged.

Cheers,
Doron

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online