SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52740 - 12/19/03 04:33 AM KN2600 Song Manager
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please help- I am trying to download songs from my KN2600 (they are stored on an SD card which I have loaded on the KN2600) to my PC via USB, using the KN2600 Song Manager, but every time I try to do "Download Technics" I get the following error:
"Error! User transmission on the Home Page screen".
This happens if I select it from the menu, or if I drag from the picture of the instrument onto the Technics area on the screen. I've also tried the same with the SD screen but it comes up with the same error. I need to be able to download the songs to PC so I can convert to WAV and MP3. Please can someone give me some idea why this isn;t working. reply, or email me: simonwilliams477@yahoo.co.uk.

#52741 - 12/19/03 04:50 PM Re: KN2600 Song Manager
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Simon,
I'll give it a go, hopefully someone with a kn26 may be able to shed some light.

I actually have a kn7 but I tend to think the same principals may apply to both keyboards.

I normally don't use the song manager software for doing backups of my songs & styles to p.c. I usually use an sd card reader and copy the files across from the card to my laptop.
You can also use an sd card reader with the song manager software instead of using the USB connection. A card reader is much faster for transferring files.

As for
"I need to be able to download the songs to PC so I can convert to WAV and MP3"
you appear to be talking about audio files.
Unless there's something different between the kn7 & kn26 that I'm not aware of, you would have also received some software called an Audio Recorder. Using this software, you'd play your kn sequence via usb across to the Audio Recorder software then save it as wav or mp3 etc.
Then if you wanted to save it to sd card (for playback on your kn as an audio file )you'd need the Pansonic PC SD Audio Writing Kit.

As I mentioned earlier I actually have the kn7, so hopefully the principals are the same.

Alec if you're around, could use some help, just in case I've got something wrong.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by galahad:
Please help- I am trying to download songs from my KN2600 (they are stored on an SD card which I have loaded on the KN2600) to my PC via USB, using the KN2600 Song Manager, but every time I try to do "Download Technics" I get the following error:
"Error! User transmission on the Home Page screen".
This happens if I select it from the menu, or if I drag from the picture of the instrument onto the Technics area on the screen. I've also tried the same with the SD screen but it comes up with the same error. I need to be able to download the songs to PC so I can convert to WAV and MP3. Please can someone give me some idea why this isn;t working. reply, or email me: simonwilliams477@yahoo.co.uk.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#52742 - 12/20/03 12:14 AM Re: KN2600 Song Manager
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Rikki,

Thanks for the reply, I've now successfully used Audio Recorder to record the files as WAVs (played on the KN after loading from the SD card) so I can make mp3s etc. from these. In fact I probably won't have a use for Song Manager- now I've saved the files to PC I can do all the tweaking I need in one of the various music-editing packages I've got.

Thanks for your help, have a great Christmas!

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Simon,
I'll give it a go, hopefully someone with a kn26 may be able to shed some light.

I actually have a kn7 but I tend to think the same principals may apply to both keyboards.

I normally don't use the song manager software for doing backups of my songs & styles to p.c. I usually use an sd card reader and copy the files across from the card to my laptop.
You can also use an sd card reader with the song manager software instead of using the USB connection. A card reader is much faster for transferring files.

As for
"I need to be able to download the songs to PC so I can convert to WAV and MP3"
you appear to be talking about audio files.
Unless there's something different between the kn7 & kn26 that I'm not aware of, you would have also received some software called an Audio Recorder. Using this software, you'd play your kn sequence via usb across to the Audio Recorder software then save it as wav or mp3 etc.
Then if you wanted to save it to sd card (for playback on your kn as an audio file )you'd need the Pansonic PC SD Audio Writing Kit.

As I mentioned earlier I actually have the kn7, so hopefully the principals are the same.

Alec if you're around, could use some help, just in case I've got something wrong.

best wishes
Rikki

#52743 - 12/20/03 01:41 PM Re: KN2600 Song Manager
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Simon,
fantastic, glad to hear it worked.

Merry Xmas to you too.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by galahad:
[B]Hi Rikki,

Thanks for the reply, I've now successfully used Audio Recorder to record the files as WAVs (

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online