SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52724 - 02/17/06 02:13 PM SD Card
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
This question came up at our recent Keyboard Club meeting.

"When using the alphabet search on an SD Card in the KN7000, if there is a tune of the same name, one in lower case and the other in upper case, why are they not shown together in the alphabet listing?"

I had to admit I didn't know, all I could say was that personally I use the upper case for naming Folders and the lower case for naming Songs and it hadn't really bothered me, but it has got me wondering why this should be. Does anyone know?

Aud (U.K.)

#52725 - 02/18/06 01:33 AM Re: SD Card
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Aud
I will venture a guess and say that the search engine is case sensitive, and that being the case, one is not seen as having to do with the other.

Bernie

#52726 - 02/18/06 05:26 AM Re: SD Card
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Audrey
Upper case will always be shown first. A list with only the first letter in uppercase will appear to be in the normal alphabetical order. However, any word in that list that has more than the first letter in uppercase will appear first. e.g.

APPLE
PEar
Plum
apple

John

#52727 - 02/24/06 12:36 PM Re: SD Card
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thank you John and Bernie for your reply to my posting. I've been away for a few days, hence the delay in my response.

Bernie: I hadn't thought about the relevant programme being case sensitive which it obviously is from what John has to say.

I am 'office trained' and one of the first lessons I had was, when filing, use the Aa, Ab, Ac, system with the latest date on top (which we called the B.T. system), because most people know how to read telephone directories which makes it is easier for anyone to find the documents in the filing cabinet. Having used this system success-fully all my working life, I'm ashamed to say I didn't even think of it as a possible answer to the question. Must have been a 'senior moment' ....

Thanks again lads.

Aud (U.K.)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online