SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52707 - 05/22/06 03:10 PM Follow Up to SD Card - Music
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Some of the ideas on the SD Card sound good and in some cases are easier than the way I do things, but because I cannot play by ear I need to have the music with me which can cause quite a problem at times, particularly if playing for a dance (approx 4 hours at a time). At the moment, I try to find out what type of music is required for the dance and put together medleys which are then filed in ring binders and labelled with the dances (i.e: Country, Ballroom, etc.) This isn't ideal as it is very time consuming and just adds to the amount of gear that has to be transported to each venue.

I would be interestered to know how others
cope with this situation.

Aud (U.K.)

#52708 - 05/22/06 05:41 PM Re: Follow Up to SD Card - Music
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Hi Audrey. I have a similar problem of having to use lead sheets when I play. I now have all my music sheets in a Music Pad Pro ( http://www.freehandsystems.com ) so I only have to carry that relatively small device (it's about the size of a three ring notebook). Each of my lead sheets has the SD card location for the song setup at the top of the sheet and I refer to that and then load the KN7000 by number. The Music Pad Pro lets me create Playlists of songs that are saved within the MPP so that I can make a list of songs with the MPP that follows whatever theme that I want. Then it's just a matter of touching the MPP display after a song to move to the lead sheet for next song.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online