SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52682 - 05/14/03 02:17 PM Song Creativity
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Being creative with my song arrangements.

I am very happy that many of you Technics fans have downloaded and enjoyed playing some of my arrangements.

I got to thinking that, if you desired, you could become creative with my songs and modify (and probably improve) the arrangements, and even play along with them.

A few things come to mind:

You could erase track 1 (on which most of my lead parts are recorded) and then play along with your own version of lead parts. The Panel Memories contain all the instrument selection changes. For that matter, you could also select different instruments by using the Mixer screen and setting the changes into the appropriate Panel Memory.

It is also possible to use track 15 (which is probably blank in most all of my arrangements) to set up (using Panel Memories) other instrument selections that you could then play along with in the songs leaving track 1 intact and thus using track 15 to augment the sound over and above what has been recorded.

You might even find some other ways to play along with the recordings.

I thought I would remind you again that my arrangements are not restricted in any way and that I encourage you to use them in any way you would like, - even modifying them, if you desire, and use them in any of your playing engagements. I am not interested in getting any credits for them. Just enjoy and have fun.

Larry G

#52683 - 05/14/03 04:00 PM Re: Song Creativity
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Great offer Larry. Thanks for your post. I perceive that you are of the same quality as your music. TOP CLASS!!!!! THE BEST!!!!!
Bebop

#52684 - 05/14/03 09:00 PM Re: Song Creativity
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
One quick (and perhaps dumb) question, Larry. If you erase track 1 to eliminate the lead or melody line, as you suggest, in order to play along, wouldn't the chord sequences you used still play? In other words, you would have to play along using the same song you recorded and in the same key, no? Or am I missing something in your suggestion? One of the things I would love to be able to do is keep the entire orchestrations and setup structure provided in a downloaded song, etc. but use my own right hand melodies and left hand chordings within that registration pattern. Would that work? Thanks.

#52685 - 05/15/03 05:21 AM Re: Song Creativity
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
First, I want to once again thank Larry for sharing his talent with us ... It's always a pleasure listening to your music, Larry ...
As for playing along, could't track one be 'copied' to an empty track, say track 15, assign track 15 back to track 15, THEN erase track 1 ... the melody, or lead, would now be heard from tr 15, and tr 1 could be used for whatever you want ... I don't have my kn6000 in front of me, but I think this would work, no? ...
t.

#52686 - 05/15/03 02:03 PM Re: Song Creativity
larry gosmeyer Offline

Hi Ted,

To do what you are suggesting, if I understand it correctly, you would have to erase track 4 to erase the chord structure, and then all the other tracks, which are recorded in sink with the recorded song. If you left only the panel memories, you would have most of the registrations, but not all.

In my sequencing activities, I frequently work on a song part using several tracks at one time in order to get the kind of sound, ensemble, etc., that I desire and of course also change the rhythm pattern at the same time.

You could certainly play along then with the result but I think the result would be almost a blank song, or close to it.

It's possible that I might have misunderstood your suggestion.

Thanks,

Larry

#52687 - 05/15/03 02:09 PM Re: Song Creativity
larry gosmeyer Offline

Hi Tony,

Yes, you could transfer track one to track 15 and then use track one to play along. You would also have to assign the instrument selections to track 15 by recording them into the proper panel memories.

Seems like you could do the same thing by just using track 15 for your play along. The only difference would be that you probably could not utilize the techni chord with track 15 like you can in track 1.

However, if you try it and it works for you please let me know. I'd love to play your modified version of the song in my keyboard (KN7)

Thanks again,

Larry

#52688 - 05/15/03 03:46 PM Re: Song Creativity
technicsplayer Offline

no erasing needed.

If you want to play right hand to an easy record sequence just turn off R1, and/or R2 if it has been used, before you start the sequence.

If you want to play left hand too, turn off apc and/or L if it has been used.

If the correct technichord orchestrator has been used and you don't want technichord turn off part 4.

You can't play track 15 live, unless while looking at the mixer, but can copy R1 out to track 15 and then reassign to leave R1 free for live play; this was described in detail step by step in the 'How Do I' book.

You can assign technichord to track 15 if you wish in the orchestrator.

All you need is panel memories used correctly and the control track. This is how I arrange my work so that I can still play if I have a 7k with no pedals plugged in for panel increment and I can't use the control bank of the pads for panel increment because I've recorded pads to use in the song.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online