Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#52391 - 03/09/05 08:40 AM Re: American Styles for KN7000/2600
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI DEREK,
I don't understand your reply.
My calculator shows that at a 1.86 exchange rate times 99 pounds will equal 184.14 USD.
The Exchange rate when I bought the software was 1.94 and that equals $192.06 plus delivery puts it right at the 199.00 US deliverd price.
It is a great bargain at both prices
Bebop

#52392 - 03/09/05 10:56 AM Re: American Styles for KN7000/2600
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Again Bill,

Of course you are right in saying now is a great time for folks with British Pounds to travel to the States. But it isn't a good idea for those of us who have to first buy those Pounds with dollars before we can use them. It would be cheaper for me to book online and spend dollars to pay for air travel and all other holiday expenses (rental car etc.).

I would love to come home, Bill, to see my brother, sister, extended family and friends, including you and Scott Yee. But I'm afraid my trip in 2002 was my last trip home. My health is failing me. The breathing difficulties are getting worse. It looks likely that I will be on oxygen within weeks. I will be admitted to a local hospital 21 March for an overnight stay for an examination and evaluation with the aim of assessing whether oxygen therapy is appropriate for me. The respiratory nurse is sure that that will be the outcome. So my good friend, while I would dearly like to come home one more time, it is simply out of the question. My brother and sister, their spouses, and a couple from Oregon we've known for more than 60 years, are coming later this year to see me.

Thanks so much for the good wishes. Take care.

My Best Wishes to You and Jann,

Chuck

#52393 - 03/09/05 11:35 AM Re: American Styles for KN7000/2600
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chuck,

Sorry to hear about your health. Will keep you in my prayers.

your friend,

Fran in Florida

#52394 - 03/09/05 01:09 PM Re: American Styles for KN7000/2600
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Fran,

Thank you. It is always comforting to know one has the prayers and support of friends and family. My hope is that oxygen therapy will improve my quality of life for at least the short term. I feel as though I am receiving the best of care and counsel. The doctors and nurses at the local hospital have been great. I'm in good hands.

Enjoy the Florida Jam, Fran. All of you should have a great time together. Take care.

My Best Wishes to You,

Chuck

#52395 - 03/09/05 09:00 PM Re: American Styles for KN7000/2600
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Piper:
Hi Again Bill,

I would love to come home, Bill, to see my brother, sister, extended family and friends, including you and Scott Yee. But I'm afraid my trip in 2002 was my last trip home. My health is failing me. The breathing difficulties are getting worse. It looks likely that I will be on oxygen within weeks. I will be admitted to a local hospital 21 March for an overnight stay for an examination and evaluation with the aim of assessing whether oxygen therapy is appropriate for me. The respiratory nurse is sure that that will be the outcome. So my good friend, while I would dearly like to come home one more time, it is simply out of the question. My brother and sister, their spouses, and a couple from Oregon we've known for more than 60 years, are coming later this year to see me.

Thanks so much for the good wishes. Take care.

My Best Wishes to You and Jann,

Chuck

Chuck,
I am really saddened by what you have written above. I am so sorry to hear that it has come to that. However there is always hope as those who are your friends began to pray for your recovery from this problem.
I have a lady friend across the street with even a worse problem but it has mostly attacked her lungs. She has been on oxygen full time now about 2 years. Sure she has good days and bad days but she is fully functional now that she is on oxygen. I just helped her get a portable unit and she is back driving, just took a trip to Hawaiia to visit her sister, is keeping house and doing her yard work.
Keep the faith strong my brother and we will keep praying for your recovery.
Best to you,
Bebop

#52396 - 03/10/05 05:42 AM Re: American Styles for KN7000/2600
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Fran
Just arrived back from Florida last friday (4th visit). There were 4 of us and we started from Sanford and then accross to Clearwater and then down the gulf coast (Sarasota, Venice, Fort Myers, Naples) then accross to (Lauderdale, West palm Beach, Palm Beach) and then on up to a little place which you might know called Palm Bay, and Indialantic, Melbourne, and then back to Kissimmee for the last two nights. We stayed 2 nights at the Super 6 just of I95.
Caught the rain storm on the Sunday when you had the Tornado in Palm Bay and Melbourne. The funniest thing we saw on the news channel was the storm damaged house where they found a whole of marijuana plants
being grown. Be intered to know the outcome of that.
We would had a wonderful holiday and hope to be back again soon.
Regards
Peter B

#52397 - 03/11/05 04:09 PM Re: American Styles for KN7000/2600
Anonymous
Unregistered

Peter,

Sorry I missed your post. You were about 2 miles from my house. You went right by a good many members of this forum. Should have given you my address and you could have come in for a pint. If you cross the ditch again, let me know and I will give you directions.

The Tornado hit about 5 miles from us. The folks growing the weed are in the clink. "Lucky you did not stay there".

Fran in Florida

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online