SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52248 - 03/09/06 11:24 AM Major problem KN7 to USB
SachaMusic Offline

Loc: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
I connect my KN7000 to Laptop Toshiba 1400 with Windows XP ... followed all instructions, drivers look fine I updated the Panasonic USB MIDI driver as in instructions, and installed applications as the instructions leaflet operations. When I connect the KN7000, I get the icon "safely remove hardware" and everything seems to be right but when I try the recorder, I still get the message "audio device cannot be used. Check that the musical instrument is correct". And on file transfer I get the message "Transmission error".
I have uninstalled applications and drivers 3 times yet and followed the book, then followed the leaflet instruction from you site and still the same message...... what I'm I doing wrong ??

The connections work, because when the USB cable is connected audio works on the KN7000. I also connected to my old pentium I, win98 and it works except that the processor is so slow that the recorder picks up partial sound only.....
BUT I can run Cakewalk from the laptop and record sound from KN7 .... file download back to diskettes...
Been "talking" to Bill Norrie about this, all setups look fine but still we have no solutions.

Anyone in the forum has any idea ??

#52249 - 03/09/06 11:53 PM Re: Major problem KN7 to USB
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello SachaMusic
When you connect to your computer, a box should come up like Hardware now connected, if the message “it is safe to remove hardware” comes up then your keyboard has been disconnected from the computer, and so will not work.
Try connecting to a different USB port; make sure you disconnect your keyboard from the computer, before unplugging the USB lead, try restarting your computer with the USB lead left plugged in.
Hope this helps.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online