SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52072 - 03/15/03 07:39 AM I have a problem.
Brian Barton Offline

Loc: UK
I have noticed that the apc volumes on the
inbuilt styles in the 7k are set at max 127.
Thats fine, but sometimes I want to reduce
this a little with the main apc slider control, which again is fine.
My problem is that if this control is left
in this position and I then load an arrangement from sd with set panel memories
which have apc set to 127 and begin to play
for some strange reason the volume of the apc
will sudenly drop to the volume set by the
main slider control. This can be corrected
by pressing the panel memory button again,
or by setting the main slider to max.
Has anybody had this problem?
I would be pleased to hear your comments.
Brian.

#52073 - 03/15/03 12:05 PM Re: I have a problem.
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I don't consider the apc control to be a problem, more of a matter of preference. If the apc main control is moved, simply move it back to maximum while the next style is loading. Set your apc levels for each particular pattern/style with the screen control, and save it to sd/disk so it will always be where you want it and leave secondary volume to the main slide control. Sort of a fine-tuning adjustment. I seldom adjust the apc, since there are other ways to control the volume of individual voices. But, since I do like to feel the music as well as hear it, I generally keep the volume high. Still, if you favor certain styles when you play, simply save your favorite settings in memory banks. Instant recall.

#52074 - 03/15/03 12:46 PM Re: I have a problem.
Brian Barton Offline

Hi Bud,
Thanks for your comments but I feel that there is something wrong because I have max volumes set in panel mems that change in the middle of the song that I am playing for no apparent reason, this does'nt happen if the
the main apc slider is set to max,it only happens when the slider is set to a reduced level. I look forward to hearing more comments.
Brian.

#52075 - 03/15/03 12:58 PM Re: I have a problem.
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Ahhhh...you know, sometimes when you change from one panel memory to another, the settings will change also, especially when the mode is set to expand. If this is the case, switch to normal and try again. If none of the settings move or change as you work through the panel memories, but the apc moves, then I would guess you have a problem that won't be easily solved. Your tech rep should be able to give you help on this, also. He can be reached via your dealer.

#52076 - 03/15/03 01:58 PM Re: I have a problem.
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
This very thing has been discused and discused and discused in the past. On this forum and on technote. Please read all these past postings. Nothing is wrong with the board, just the way your using and saving it. Save it with the APC volume at full and you wont have any more trouble as the book says. Adjust the volumes in the screen controls and you wont have any more problems as Bud said. Guys are having the same trouble when they use the swell pedal on thier boards and use them in conjuction with the sliders. Just a matter of using your keyboard wrong and getting into bad habits.

Grandpa Doug

#52077 - 03/15/03 02:34 PM Re: I have a problem.
Brian Barton Offline

Hi Doug,
Thanks for your help. Being a fairly new member I have missed the previous posts,
We live and learn, Funny how I never noticed this before, having played KNs for years. I must admit I have never checked that the main apc slider was on max before I saved to panel mems. Maybe this will remind others like me to be careful when saving.
Brian.

#52078 - 03/15/03 03:37 PM Re: I have a problem.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Brian, Here's the link to one previous discussion on this subject. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/001410.html

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#52079 - 03/15/03 08:03 PM Re: I have a problem.
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Brian, I believe the APC volume slider first appeared on the six thousand. Previous to that there was none except the main slider. Guys that had older models could not get into trouble with this. Brian, I quote you: “Funny how I never noticed this before, having played KNs for years.” Why? There wasn’t any! Seems we get these newer models and boys being boys, they must play. And play they do. When things happen the first words out of the mouth seems to be, it’s broke! Never, think to read the book or analyze what their doing. The first thing I do when I get any new piece of gear is to open the box, remove the destruction manuel and read it cover to cover at least twice. Then I take the thing out of the box. Now I take the book and try everything in the book, live! Now I venture on my own with the book at my finger tips just in case. I can’t possibly remember every thing I read but, when I run into a snag I remember that I read something about that. Now to the index and find the answer. I know I’m a weirdo, not many guys do that. But it sure saves a lot of frustration in the long run. However there is a downside to that approach also. If nobody had any problems and questions there would also be no forum. No forum, no sitting in front of the computer looking like I’m doing something important. Ruthie would shove her detestable 'to do list' under my nose and I would be miserable. Come to think of it, let’s keep things the way they are. i’m happy! When worse comes to worse and I can’t think of any way to get out of doing something, I claim that I’m getting old and it might be a good idea for me to take a little nap to renew my strength. It works!

Grandpa Doug

#52080 - 03/16/03 02:20 AM Re: I have a problem.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hey Gramps - You're bucking the system ... Reading the manual first?? and twice at that!!
Whatever happened to the maxim "If all else fails - then, read the manual...." ?

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#52081 - 03/16/03 03:44 AM Re: I have a problem.
mally Offline

Loc: United kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Barton:
I have noticed that the apc volumes on the
inbuilt styles in the 7k are set at max 127.
Thats fine, but sometimes I want to reduce
this a little with the main apc slider control, which again is fine.
My problem is that if this control is left
in this position and I then load an arrangement from sd with set panel memories
which have apc set to 127 and begin to play
for some strange reason the volume of the apc
will sudenly drop to the volume set by the
main slider control. This can be corrected
by pressing the panel memory button again,
or by setting the main slider to max.
Has anybody had this problem?
I would be pleased to hear your comments.
Brian.

Hi Brian I had the similer problem I followed the advice of the other forum members If I left the slider on full volume and only altered the volume via the screen It seems to have cured cured it and touch wood it should now be OK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online