SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52019 - 03/24/03 06:43 PM A KN7000 is getting closer
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
My budget says I am getting closer to getting a KN7000.

I read several comments about problems some of you are having with the KN7000 and I understand that an updated operating system has not been issued yet.

Does anyone have a brief but concise list of known problems that a new KN7000 will have?

Thanks for your info.

Larry
larry.gosmeyer@verizon.net

#52020 - 03/25/03 10:10 AM Re: A KN7000 is getting closer
Poul-Henning Offline

Loc: Tjaereborg, Denmark
Hi Larry.
I've had my KN7000 since late November, and (knocking on wood) had no problems with her what so ever. I have only used the instruction book following the keyboard, and the things I knew from the KN6000 - and then started playing. Today I'm doing my gigs and small shows on the 7000, showing others, what the little devil can do - so just get on with it - if you have any questions, you are also welcome to mail me directly - maybe you can get a quikker reply then.
Kind musical regards

------------------
Solomusikeren

#52021 - 03/25/03 11:43 AM Re: A KN7000 is getting closer
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Larry.
there may seem to be questions floating around, on problems with the KN7000.
I tend to think the majority of them actually arise through lack of understanding on our own behalf.
The KN7000 has amazing new features that didn't exist in the earlier keyboards
( mainly sd card related features). So , when we can't get something to work the way we expect, we automatically assume there's a problem. So we ask for help. I assume that's what the forum's for?
With Alec's latest kn7 book, a lot of the harder questions are answered about the latest features.

Personally I've had my KN7 for about 6 months, and I haven't found a problem yet with the keyboard itself, just personal lack of understanding on some of it's features.

Armed with Alec's book, the niggly little "how to " problems are fast disapearing.

best wishes

Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#52022 - 03/25/03 11:57 AM Re: A KN7000 is getting closer
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Thanks for the info. I had my first try out on the KN7000 today and it felt really good. Couldn't detect any problems.

Will keep on with more demos.

Larry

#52023 - 03/25/03 01:06 PM Re: A KN7000 is getting closer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Larry,
I do not play as well as you and many other but I think I have a pretty good handle on how the 7000 works. I have had my board since November and a neighbor friend has had his since December. Neither of us has had one problem with the 7000 or communication with the computer. I think I can also speak for member Marilyn as she lives close by, purchased from the same dealer and I have not heard of any problems.
Our dealer states the only problems his customers have had were not understnding how the 7000 works. No returns for faulty boards.

I think Rikki is correct. It is lack of understanding how the 7000 works and not faults of the 7000.

Alec's manuals have made the big difference in my learning the 6 and 7000. With out them I to may be blaming the board.

With your playing and sequencing ability, you desearve the best. If the pocket book can stand it.......buy it.

cheers,

Fran in Florida

#52024 - 03/25/03 05:10 PM Re: A KN7000 is getting closer
TOMMAW Offline

Loc: HUNTINGTON,WV USA
I HAVE HAD MY 7000 SINCE THE FIRST TEN HIT THE U.S. I WOULD NOT TRADE FOR ANY TWO OF THE OTHER TYPE. I PLAY OUT ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK AND JUST ABOUT EVERY TIMESOME ONE WILL COME UP AND JUST STARE AT THE KEYBOARD AN THEN ASK WHERE ALL THE VOICES AND RYTHUMS ARE COMING FROM. THE 3 SECOND LOAD ON THE SD CARD HAS MADE SETTING UP PROGRAMS A SNAP. ALSO YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO FILL UP WITH TELLING JOKES. HAVE NOT HAD FISRT PROBLEM.

#52025 - 03/25/03 07:26 PM Re: A KN7000 is getting closer
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Larry, first I want to tell you how very much I admire your work on the keyboard. Your one in a million! Second I have had my seven since they came out last fall. Absolutely not one single problem. The insecticide they used before shipping the thing worked perfectly for I found not a single bug to date. To be fair I will have to admit I can’t say that about some of the players. It seems some of them needed an upgrade. I think I needed about two of them. At least that’s all I’ll admit to. Anyway a real sharp guy by the name of Alec came out with a major upgrade. Not for the keyboard but for the players of them. That has been a major fix especially for the guys that can read. Here in Chicago-land of the U.S. of A. the school system has finally turned out a few kids that can read. They say they are now working out a system of teaching that might arrive at the goal of teaching the kids how to understand what they are reading. They hope it will take no longer than four to five years to implement this method. The unions think we should reward these educators with a big generous pay raise for this magnamanamus advance in education. Got to get off of this subject for my head is starting to hurt. Next week I will have to vote for a new mayor and alderman so we can have a new form of corruption here in town. Seems the new guys have a completely new slant on it. One last remark. I think the new 7000 will be worthy of your playing.

Grandpa Doug

#52026 - 03/26/03 04:14 PM Re: A KN7000 is getting closer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Granpa Doug,
We in Florida are going thru similar school teaching problems. It took this old goat quite a few years to learn that you got to read the darn book. (career in the Militay helped).
Just looked at your bio. Cannot believe you are from Chicago with that down home country humor.

another oldy,

Fran in Florida

#52027 - 03/27/03 06:41 AM Re: A KN7000 is getting closer
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Fran, when I was growing up you had to look where you were stepping. After I came back from WW2 the politicos said that within thirty years there would be houses extending from downtown Chicago to my chicken coop. I said, manure, not in my time! As usual the politicians were wrong. It took all of fifteen years. Today I have to drive almost all the way to Wisconsin to see what makes milk and observe the business end of a pig. Reminds me! It was in Ruthies barnyard looking over the fence of the pig pen that I ventured to plant my first kiss on her big red juicy lips. Never got out of the habit. And now? Now Ruthie and me live in what is called greater Chicago land. Everything is different except the plot of land we live on and the house. Yes, everything has changed, even the smell.

Grandpa Doug

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online