SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#51966 - 09/21/05 01:36 PM I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI all,
I have just purchased the Yamaha Tyros 2 from Dan O'neil owner of Music City in Baltimore. I understand it will be shown at a music festival in the UK on Oct 1st. I anticipate deliver in late Oct or early Nov as I am the first to get on the list of buyers with my deposit.
I will be selling the Yamaha PSR 9000 but keeping all the Technics Keyboards for the time being, although I plan to dismantle the recording studio and sell everything in here except for two keyboards, the laptop and a stereo Amp, that will travel well in the new motorhome. I might even sell all this stuff for enough money to buy some fuel for it too
Best to all
Bebop

#51967 - 09/25/05 11:01 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Dan O'Neil owner of Keyboard City in Baltimore where I ordered my Tyros 2 has his first allottment nearly sold out. After this first group is sold they will be back ordered to the next allottment.
I think this keyboards is going to be a big seller in the Technics Community.
I have been doing more research, playing more demo's and listening to the new sounds and I am getting anxious. Two of our members have also placed their order with Dan.
Bebop

#51968 - 09/25/05 04:54 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I listened to the demos - some great sounds and the styles sound quite good too BUT unless they have drastically improved the operating system 'friendliness', particularly the editing facilities, this is one KN7000 Player who will not even be interested......

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#51969 - 09/28/05 01:57 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Here's a little food for thought.

The operating system, once someone becomes used to it as it would be something new, most people find it the easiest OS to operate.

As far as editing, community support and resources, I think you'll find it second to none.

Check out these links.
http://www.1manband.nl/omb.htm
http://www.svpworld.com/psr_software.htm
http://www.psrtutorial.com/Help/help.html

But, you be the judge.

Best
Scott Langholff
http://ScottLMusic.com

#51970 - 09/28/05 02:41 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI all,
I have just purchased the Yamaha Tyros 2 from Dan O'neil owner of Music City in Baltimore. I understand it will be shown at a music festival in the UK on Oct 1st. I anticipate deliver in late Oct or early Nov as I am the first to get on the list of buyers with my deposit.
I will be selling the Yamaha PSR 9000 but keeping all the Technics Keyboards for the time being, although I plan to dismantle the recording studio and sell everything in here except for two keyboards, the laptop and a stereo Amp, that will travel well in the new motorhome. I might even sell all this stuff for enough money to buy some fuel for it too
Best to all
Bebop

Dear Bebop,

Converting the price to pounds sterling I thought it was a bit steep for a keyboard when the KN7000 was launched it was far less than the price of the new Tyros.

Derek Munson

#51971 - 09/28/05 04:02 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
As far as editing, community support and resources, I think you'll find it second to none.

as far as on board editing is concerned, which is what Bill referred to, it is most definitely second by a l-o-n-g way.

#51972 - 09/28/05 06:16 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#51973 - 09/28/05 06:57 AM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

I think that MOST people do not buy Arranger Keyboards to be editors.
they buy the keyboards and then they buy the edits from those that are in the business of developing them and selling them to NON EDITORS.
Those that are would be editors mostly buy workstations
Bebop

#51974 - 09/28/05 12:38 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
My first Technics keyboard was a KN1500 that my wife got me as a gift and I didn't know squat about it's functions. I couldn't even figure out what to do if a downloaded style had a sequenced song, so I just dumped the style even though I really, really wanted to use it. In order to use the manual, one had to know enough about what you were doing to figure out where to look in the manual. But, since I did learn how to play the thing and finally record with it, I decided to move up to the new KN6000. This thing had me mystified on it's inner workings, so learning all the new processes became a challenge. Slowly but surely, things started to become clearer and learning the editor became a necessity. It was far easier to correct one note or chord then do what I had been doing before - restarting the recording from square one. Recording a song fifty times just to get it right was fast turning into a chore. Learning the basics of the editor wasn't all that easy, but it became easier the more I used it, and it paved the way for learning how to use other important functions from style conversions and construction, to creating sounds and voices. In essence, the Technics keyboards are complicated pieces and hard to learn UNLESS you happen to find someone to help you over the humps. Once I discovered the Technics forum (first, the old one, and now this one), life became much simpler and the finer points of making music were finally within my grasp. Music with a keyboard actually became FUN for me, and I owe that fact to the assistance of people on a forum that cared enough to help anyone who popped in with a question. These last few years have been great ones because of that fact, not whether or not the keyboard was particularly more user friendly. After all, the keyboard doesn't give me perfectly clear directions or correct me if I do something wrong, it just blindly goes along with whatever silly thing I want to do. So, when I find it necessary to quit with Technics, I'm not sure what I will do. Hopefully, the Tyros will have evolved into something I can figure out and play, without having to contact Scott Yee with a load of questions. And, since Alec hasn't jumped on board with another brand, I think caution is the best guide at this point. Once he lets us in on the next best keyboard, then I'll reconsider. Just my opinion.

#51975 - 09/28/05 03:59 PM Re: I Just ordered the Tyros 2 From Dan O
BEBOP Offline

Tom in San Francisco another technics owner player has just joined Scott Yee and I with his order, so there are going to be three Tyros 2 in our area. Two more ladies on my email lists have also ordered from Dan O.
he must be running out of order blanks by now.
I can see the next synthzone Jam at my place here in San Jose being all Tyros 1 and 2
Psssst, anybody wanna buy 4 Technics keyboards?
Bebop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online