SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51914 - 11/13/03 11:28 AM Christmas Setup
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello again, all my Forum Friends!

I have just finished composing a Christmas song, but I am having trouble finding an appropriate Sound Group, Rhythm Group and any Performance Pads that can be combined to create a truly "Christmas-y" type of arrangement. I have searched the entire data base in the 7000, but I'll be d---ed (that is "darned, of course )if I can find anything that includes the sound of sleigh bells or implies snow falling, church bells calling, etc.--all those things that make Christmas tunes sound so festive and fun. My song, I think, is along the lines of The Christmas Song ("Chestnuts Roasting...") or "White Christmas" (hardly as beautiful or creative, however!). As a total dummy in making my own style arrangements, I am asking here for your help, either on the Forum or via direct e-mail to me. It strikes me as odd that none of the Performance Pads include holiday fun additions (such as the aforementioned sleigh bells, etc.). So, guys and gals, there is a challenge for you. I hope I am not imposing, but I know how much some of you enjoy doing this sort of thing and sharing with those of us who are not adept at creating worthwhile style settings, like me .

Thanks in advance for all your help; I have no doubt that, in due time, I will find what I am seeking from you great gurus of the 7000 (or whatever other) keyboard.

Happy Thanksgiving in advance to all my American friends; Happy November to all my international buddies!

Ted Rose

#51915 - 11/13/03 11:34 AM Re: Christmas Setup
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Ted
The kn5000 I had contained three variations for Christmas. I am sure you can find it at the website or Alec's CD

Best Regards
Bernie

#51916 - 11/13/03 03:08 PM Re: Christmas Setup
technicsplayer Offline

all you have to do is go to www.technicskn7000.com and put 'christmas' in the style search box. All the suitable free downloads with Christmas styles in them are then instantly available. Ignore the SD card versions meanwhile for reasons explained in the other thread.

#51917 - 11/13/03 03:26 PM Re: Christmas Setup
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ted,
I'll check thru some of my styles and see if there's anything I could create some Xmassy pads from.

Might give me a a new (hopefully worthwhile) project to start. I've been working on a couple of simple little waltzes, that are slowly driving me batty ( I need a break as I'm slowly editing them to death ). One's a psr midifile conversion the others a BIAB style. I don't have problems with the technical side ( seq to style function) just in the musical fine tuning ( so annoying). Probably safer to call them complete, before I edit them to total nothingness
( haa haa)

I might go back to pad creating, they don't need the same amount of fine tuning ( haahaa)

I'll get back to you if I get some pads done, I'm only to happy to share my efforts with members.

best wishes
Rikki

[B]Hello again, all my Forum Friends!

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51918 - 11/13/03 05:19 PM Re: Christmas Setup
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Ted,
I've created some Xmas Pads, would you like me to email to you directly ?

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#51919 - 11/14/03 05:09 AM Re: Christmas Setup
Ted Rose Offline

I knew I could count on you, my Forum buddies, to help. I am enjoying the feedback thus far; I hope there may even be more, forthcoming. In answer to your question, Rikki, YES, I would appreciate your sending me whatever you have, directly to my e-mail. I can also check out the Forum and will continue to do so. Thanks everyone who took the time to answer my request. Everyone, please feel free to contact me anytime, either DIRECTLY, or here on the Forum.

Hugs to you all from

Ted

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 11-14-2003).]

#51920 - 11/22/03 08:55 AM Re: Christmas Setup
Leo's Den Offline

I don't know about the Kns, but the PR604 has sleigh bells as a single instrument in sounds explorer percussion section.

#51921 - 11/22/03 08:47 PM Re: Christmas Setup
Ted Rose Offline

Thanks to all who made suggestions so far, but I'm still looking!!! Have found several arrangements, but none yet exactly "fills the bill". Any other suggestions would still be appreciated, especially a charming Christmas Waltz style/arrangement. (Maybe I'm just too "fussy"?! ) Thanks, everyone for you ongoing help, and, again, to my American friends, a most Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Ted

#51922 - 11/26/03 07:48 PM Re: Christmas Setup
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Ted,
I just uploaded a xmas waltz I've been tinkering with, not sure if it would be of any use. ( probably not any good , either, but I keep trying (haahaa) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kn7000styles/files/Rikki%27s%20Styles/

If you can't access it , let me know and I'll email it to you.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ted Rose:
[B]Thanks to all who made suggestions so far, but I'm still looking!!! Have found several arrangements, but none yet exactly "fills the bill".

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online