SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51848 - 02/22/00 08:02 AM KN3000 & Controllers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hallo!
I am a new user of Technics KN3000. I exchange it with Yamaha QS300 (lucky me). On the QS300 and Cakewalk I composed a few techno/dance songs and now I want to remake them to KN standard. I have found suitable voices, but KN does not recognize XG controller no. 74 called "Brightness" (cutoff frequency). My problem is what should I do to change cutoff frequency directly from Cakewalk or any other sequencer?
All in all, I have corrected Cakewalk instrument map for KN3000 (added drum note names). If anyone wanted it, i could send.
Thanks for support.
Krzysztof
e-mail: ferro@poczta.fm
P.S. Sorry for my English. (I am from Poland)

#51849 - 03/17/00 05:32 AM Re: KN3000 & Controllers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey,
Way cool you bought a KN-3000 instead of a Yamaha. I know that a KN can react on brightness changes but right now I don't know the SysEx code. Although I got some connections to professional Musicians using a KN-3000 so they might know this code.
Another thing is that using your keyboard in combination with Cakewalk is not great. The hearth of each Technics KN workstation is its composer, so use it. Of course you can use a sequencer but if you do take Cubase. It is more friendly to your technics than Cakewalk. Use the Grid Function to implement your control changes.

I hope this information is a bit usefull for you.
Greetings
- ZYX -

e-mail: DJ_Dominator@CyCosmos.com

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online