SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51685 - 06/12/03 10:49 AM Technics, take note!
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
On several past Kn models (and some other makes) I've complained as others have done about the lack of a full width music rest, i.e capable of taking at least 4 sheets of music. The only instrument that fulfilled my needs was the old Yamaha HS8 organ which had a music rest the full width of the organ....

Not only have Technics ignored all these comments but with the Kn7000 have, for me, made things worse. Now I love my 7000. It is in all respects possibly the best keyboard in the world, but for me spoilt by the following. The introduction of the lid has resulted in the music rest being further away. Again, in common with many of the older members of this forum (and possibly some of the young 'uns) I need to wear bifocals, and to read music on previous keyboards had to obtain a third pair of specs. With the Kn7k the music rest is even further away and I had thoughts of having to obtain yet another pair of specs so that I could see the music, until I devised a system at nil cost and with nil technical expertise required to bring the music around 10 inches closer. If anyone is interested please say so and I'll put details on the forum.
While I'm in gripe mode, thought I'd let it be known that my floppy disk drive has gone kaput so I'm frustrated at not being able to download your songs, or indeed send in some of my stuff (big cheers alround did I hear?

Ogre

#51686 - 06/12/03 12:26 PM Re: Technics, take note!
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I do not own a KN7000, but my 80 year old friend does. Please I would like to know how you altered the music rest to enable it to be viewed closer. I can earn myself some browny points with my friend. HA!! to help him achieve the same.

Graham UK

#51687 - 06/12/03 12:44 PM Re: Technics, take note!
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I too would like to know your solution..although I'm not old and don't really need it ..cough

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#51688 - 06/12/03 03:53 PM Re: Technics, take note!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
I too would like to know your solution..although I'm not old and don't really need it ..cough

Larry Hawk

Larry, you can go to hell for lying on a public forum. Don't make me start censoring
Bebop

#51689 - 06/12/03 03:57 PM Re: Technics, take note!
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Ogre,
I too have a friend (ME), that would like the music rack closer. At the present I have altered the rack to add a music light that shines upward across the music (I play dinner music in a venue that has a very low level of lighting).
I have thought for a long time about completely redesigning the music rack, so any ideas that anyone has would be appreciated.
Walt

#51690 - 06/12/03 04:01 PM Re: Technics, take note!
Walt Meyer Offline

Bebop,
I'm in the same boat as Larry -- My birth certificate says that I am 78 years old, but who can believe anything on a government piece of paper these days?
Walt

#51691 - 06/12/03 05:16 PM Re: Technics, take note!
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Age appears to be the best in four things-old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old authors to read, and old friends to trust.
-Francis Bacon

SeeYa
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#51692 - 06/12/03 07:10 PM Re: Technics, take note!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Old Musicians don't die, they just play out

#51693 - 06/12/03 07:21 PM Re: Technics, take note!
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Ogre,

On the subject of the floppy disk drive, the FDD on my PC went kaput some time ago, but since I purchased a USB cable I now transfer all files to the KN7000 via that interface. Admittedly that means you need the PC and keyboard within connecting distance, but that has solved by floppy disk problem.

Mike

#51694 - 06/12/03 08:22 PM Re: Technics, take note!
Walt Meyer Offline

Hey Guys,
If the floppy drive is in a desktop, you can buy a new one for about $15.00 US and they just plug in. A laptop is something else again!
Regards,
Walt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online