SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#51446 - 11/13/03 02:02 AM Re: Song Manager
MarkW Offline

Dear Maurice,

I wonder if you had a similar experience to me, in that you didn't appreciate just how long it takes? I have only tried to use the Song Manager backup once. I had an 8Meg card in the KN7000 at the time. Both the computer screen and the KN7000 screen indicated that the transfer was in progress, but after 20 minutes I just assumed it wasn't working and disconnected the USB cable (even though you're not supposed to - it was the only way I could find to cancel the operation).

If it takes in excess of 20 minutes to backup/restore an 8Meg card, I for one would be very grateful for a means to transfer the new styles to SD via the card reader!

Cheers,
Mark

#51447 - 11/13/03 02:22 AM Re: Song Manager
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Mark and Maurice et al...
Last weekend I backed up my 128 mb SD card direct from KN7000 to computer (i.e. not via the card reader) - I timed it and it took 5 hours!!!!!
Interesting thing is that at the end Windows explorer indicated that what had been downloaded ( backed up ) was a meaningful amount of megabytes of information; yet when I previously backed up through the card reader in seconds, windows explorer indicates absolutely minimal megabytes - somehow I feel uncomfortable with that hence doing the 'full monty' job.
Cheers
Roger M
p.s. looking forward to what will soon be on offer apparently on the KN7000 web site - sounds more like my kind of stuff, Rikkis, is that right?

#51448 - 11/13/03 04:24 AM Re: Song Manager
Maurice Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by MarkW:
Dear Maurice,

I wonder if you had a similar experience to me, in that you didn't appreciate just how long it takes? I have only tried to use the Song Manager backup once. I had an 8Meg card in the KN7000 at the time. Both the computer screen and the KN7000 screen indicated that the transfer was in progress, but after 20 minutes I just assumed it wasn't working and disconnected the USB cable (even though you're not supposed to - it was the only way I could find to cancel the operation).

If it takes in excess of 20 minutes to backup/restore an 8Meg card, I for one would be very grateful for a means to transfer the new styles to SD via the card reader!

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark,
Thank you for your reply.In my case,using Song Manager,no transmission takes place.If i
download to the card reader,the files appear
on the card,the kn7 says the files are empty.

#51449 - 11/13/03 04:49 AM Re: Song Manager
Maurice Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Hiya Mark and Maurice et al...
Last weekend I backed up my 128 mb SD card direct from KN7000 to computer (i.e. not via the card reader) - I timed it and it took 5 hours!!!!!
Interesting thing is that at the end Windows explorer indicated that what had been downloaded ( backed up ) was a meaningful amount of megabytes of information; yet when I previously backed up through the card reader in seconds, windows explorer indicates absolutely minimal megabytes - somehow I feel uncomfortable with that hence doing the 'full monty' job.
Cheers
Roger M
p.s. looking forward to what will soon be on offer apparently on the KN7000 web site - sounds more like my kind of stuff, Rikkis, is that right?

Hi Roger,
Thank you for your reply. Did you manage to load the files to the kn from the card?

Regards
Maurice.

#51450 - 11/13/03 05:39 AM Re: Song Manager
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi folks,
I can imagine the impatiently , so waiting at more info coming I have published on the KESO site under Tips&Tricks:
1. How to restore a SD-backup by using the Technics Song Manager (under G4)..
2. How to print the content of your SD-card or search on your SD-card with the help of the KN7000SDCardTool of THKMCS (under G5) ..
If you are interested, you are welcome on http://www.keso.nl
Cees
BTW: great job Technics UK is doing at the moment.

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 11-13-2003).]

#51451 - 11/13/03 05:48 AM Re: Song Manager
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Cees.

Your family name is very known in Norway because
of a famous speed iceskater.
Do you skate as well as making websites ?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#51452 - 11/13/03 05:56 AM Re: Song Manager
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alec,

I downloaded the "Total 64" files with no trouble.
After reading the problems with the "New KN2600" files I thought I would give it a go. I downloaded twice and the files came up empty.

Sending for your information.

Appreciate the great job you are doing and the wonderful support you have given fellow KN owners and myself over the years.

cheers,

Fran in Florida

#51453 - 11/13/03 06:03 AM Re: Song Manager
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
I had trouble with the 8 meg one. Had to download it 3 times before it would work with a restore.

Yesterday evening I got the 64 meg one and it worked fine.....just took forever to download at 56K.

Some great new styles there! I have found quite a few that I like, and they are very different than anything we have. So a big thanks to Technic's and Alec and whoever else is involved with putting those new styles from the KN26000 on there in KN7000 format!

Marilyn

#51454 - 11/13/03 06:19 AM Re: Song Manager
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Gunnar,
formerdays the skating was much quicker, nowadays making a page
But I am obliged to my name to maintain the skating. But ooh, ooh my back
Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Hi Cees.

Your family name is very known in Norway because
of a famous speed iceskater.
Do you skate as well as making websites ?
GJ

#51455 - 11/13/03 06:28 AM Re: Song Manager
technicsplayer Offline

Fran, if you downloaded the Total backup for KN7000 and right click Properties on it the actual size should be 25,481,097 bytes. I'll wager you find your download has an extra few bytes - 407 to be exact. These are causing the restore corruption and need investigation at the server end.

I can only say please wait until the site is finished and an announcement is made to that effect

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online