SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51363 - 10/26/04 01:01 PM SD CARDS
gerr58 Offline

Loc: bristol, uk
I am having problems loading files from my SD card, or if they loaded i cant find them, could anyone go through the procedure for me.

#51364 - 10/26/04 04:05 PM Re: SD CARDS
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Give us some more details Gerr.....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#51365 - 10/26/04 11:32 PM Re: SD CARDS
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Do you know if your SD card memory is reading less than it was when it was formatted or when you moved files to it? No memory reduction will tell you that your transaction was not successful. or a memory reduction will show that there is something on the SD card but that is not visible?

Did you copy/move to it using the SD Explorer? There was a blip in this that has now been fixed. As Bill says - more details please - Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 10-26-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 10-26-2004).]

#51366 - 10/27/04 01:07 AM Re: SD CARDS
gerr58 Offline

Loc: bristol, uk
Firstly I formated the disc,I loaded file onto disc from computer.placed disc in keyboard clicked load.
Screen says folder-song.click folder 1 press load, it says completed but i cant find it.
then tried custom load it says file is empty, tried save it says file exists.
How do i find it

#51367 - 10/27/04 03:40 AM Re: SD CARDS
Bill Norrie Offline

From what you say, it would seem that you just transferred the file from your PC to the SD card, using either the 'Drag/Drop' or 'Copy/Paste' facility within Windows. It is not possible to transfer files using this type of procedure. The correct file transfer process creates additional 'control' files which the keyboard needs, in order to read the 'Song' files.
You must use either the 'Song Manager' program, supplied with your keyboard or the recently released 'SD Explorer' program.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#51368 - 10/27/04 06:56 AM Re: SD CARDS
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hello "Ger58",

Yes, from what you wrote it is clear what goes wrong: Technics uses an INF file on the SD-Card to administrate the contents on the SD Card.
From what you like to do, but then successful, like downloading songs from internet or else and moving them from floppy or hard disk directly on the SD-Card, you need a tool like we developed: exactly for this kind of SD managing. You know how much time it takes to copy a song from PC to floppy, load it in the keyboard and save it to SD, one song at a time.
With Songmanager you can backup and restore songtrees and merge two backed up songtrees, on condition that the SD Card is large enough to accomodate. Withour our SD-Explorer tool you can re-shuffle SD-Cards, but also import and export songs from PC to SD Card and vice versa, or from SD Card to SD Card, etc.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

#51369 - 11/09/04 08:01 AM Re: SD CARDS
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Gerr, it sounds like you haven't quite gotten the answer you were looking for. First of all, when you load a file from a floppy to the keyboard, by default it loads into memory A,B, or C slots, not into custom memory, so you won't find it there. If it was a sequenced file it would start playing when you pressed the run/stop button and would be located in the sequencer with the light showing. Since that doesn't seem to be happening, let's dig a little deeper. Assuming the file you loaded from the floppy disk was of a proper Technics format, you shouldn't be having any trouble, unless it was a corrupted file to begin with. It sounds like you are looking for the file to show up on the SD card, but it won't do that until you do a proper load from the floppy to the card or a load into memory, then a save to the card. You can use either way, then a direct load from the SD card will do what you want. Now, if you have a new card, format it in the keyboard, exit, re-enter the SD functions and do a save to the card. It doesn't have to be a file of anything, just a save, and it sets up the SD card to do business. Now you can work with it any way you wish. I load a style into memory A, work on it until I'm satisfied, and transfer it into custom memory. When I have custom memory filled with the number of styles I prefer, (up to twenty), I go into the SD functions and do a set-up with the folder name, the file name (Country, etc.), set my parameters with sequencer off and custom save on, then save to SD. You can load up a small card fast, but it will take a while with a larger card. Now when you use the SD card to load a file, it will properly show up in the Memory A slot, or if a custom load, in custom memory and you can transfer from a custom slot to memory A for further work. Hope this helps you out.

#51370 - 11/09/04 03:56 PM Re: SD CARDS
Bill Norrie Offline

There seems to be some confusion here :
Initially Gerr asked 'I am having problems loading files from my SD card, or if they loaded i cant find them, could anyone go through the procedure for me
Then in his next post, He refers to 'Discs'

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online