SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51333 - 11/06/06 12:53 AM kn7000 fault
gerr58 Offline

Loc: bristol, uk
Hi my keyboard has developed a fault where
I am playing a song and the sound suddenly goes off.
If i turn the keyboard off and on it returns to normal.
Has anyone else experienced this problem.

#51334 - 11/06/06 06:45 AM Re: kn7000 fault
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by gerr58:
Hi my keyboard has developed a fault where
I am playing a song and the sound suddenly goes off.
If i turn the keyboard off and on it returns to normal.
Has anyone else experienced this problem.

Hi B,
Yes this happens to me sometimes mainly on the accompaniment (left hand) sounds,other people who own a KN7000,have had similiar symptoms. It all depends on the equiliser settings, I have found. I've accepted it and made the necessary adjustments.
Derek

#51335 - 11/07/06 08:47 AM Re: kn7000 fault
Joe Baron Offline

Loc: England
It all depends on the equiliser settings, I have found. I've accepted it and made the necessary adjustments.

Hi Derek.
Can you expand more on this please!
What adjustments? and what are the equiliser settings you mention.
Regards.
Joe

#51336 - 11/07/06 02:12 PM Re: kn7000 fault
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
When this happened to me, I found the midi lead connecting my Foot Controller to the KN7 was very loose in the socket. Changed it for another lead and no further problem.

The only other time this happened was when a friend had used my KN and had used his own settings, knocking my own out. My Foot Pedal was set as a Fill-In and his was set to STOP, hence the reason my KN went silent on me. Needless to say, I now check that the Data Protection is set to 'ON' before I start playing to an audience.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

#51337 - 11/08/06 07:38 AM Re: kn7000 fault
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Baron:
It all depends on the equiliser settings, I have found. I've accepted it and made the necessary adjustments.

Hi Derek.
Regards.
Joe

Hi Joe,
On the KN7000 display you will see the varies settings for the sounds which you can change by adjusting the sliders immediatly underneath the display either up for increase of volume or down for the reverse.
Now some registrations may vary these settings making the the volume loader or softer especially the 9th one from the left, which is marked the APC, which controls the overall accompianment.You can vary this to suit your requirements, say 60 to 80, then store it in the panel memories then it will
remain constant. Hope this helps.
Derek

#51338 - 11/08/06 07:42 AM Re: kn7000 fault
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by D.Munson:
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Baron:
[b]It all depends on the equiliser settings, I have found. I've accepted it and made the necessary adjustments.

Hi Derek.
Regards.
Joe

Hi Joe,
On the KN7000 display you will see the various settings for the sounds which you can change by adjusting the sliders immediatly underneath the display either up for increase of volume or down for the reverse.
Now some registrations may vary these settings making the the volume louder or softer especially the 9th one from the left, which is marked the APC, which controls the overall accompianment volume,You can vary this to suit your requirements, say 60 to 80, then store it in the panel memories then it will
remain constant. Hope this helps.
Derek

[/B]

#51339 - 11/10/06 11:47 AM Re: kn7000 fault
Joe Baron Offline

Hi Derek.
I thought it was more sinister than that. I have all my favorite sounds set to volume 27 and adjust as necessary in the display panel to balance the overall sound.
I was more interested in the keyboard switching off. Thanks for the reply.
Regards.
Joe

#51340 - 11/11/06 05:44 AM Re: kn7000 fault
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Joe,
Do have or have you ever had an expression pedal connected? The KN7000 has a quirk that if you had a pedal connected and the volume was anything other than full on when you did panel saves, the volume of the keyboard becomes rather unpredictable and changes at weird times.
Walt

#51341 - 11/11/06 09:49 AM Re: kn7000 fault
Joe Baron Offline

posted by Walt Meyer:[B]Joe,
Do you have or have you ever had an expression pedal connected?

Hi Walt.
That's a good point!Yes I always use an expression pedal! I am just about to post a problem I have on my KN7000 maybe you have an answer?
Regards.
Joe

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online