SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#51263 - 05/17/02 10:52 PM Re: The 2nd 20 for 1 disk
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello all! I have the same question as Jean Olivia; how do I get my music from the keyboard to a floppy and then into ZIP (or whatever) form so that I can e-mail it to BEBOP? Received the second 20 for 1 file and it is great. You guys do a tremendous job and don't ever think it goes unappreciated! Thanks to all who participated in making these two files so exciting.

Ted Rose

#51264 - 05/17/02 11:56 PM Re: The 2nd 20 for 1 disk
lrngkybrd Offline

Loc: Queen Creek, Arizona
Hey, me too! I need to know how to get the music from the keyboard to email.

#51265 - 05/18/02 12:32 AM Re: The 2nd 20 for 1 disk
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
So glad I'm not the only dummie!! Since I got the computer I have'nt had time to learn it's usual functions- Only those related to music. I learnt from my grandson last night how to download mp3's and I am really getting into that now. It helps to hear how a melody should be played if you don't know the song. I have great difficulty in playing something I've never heard before.Cheers Jean.

#51266 - 05/18/02 01:11 AM Re: The 2nd 20 for 1 disk
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL,
I have just put up a new topic for you and the title is: Recording, zipping and mailing song files. I hope this will help

#51267 - 05/18/02 09:08 AM Re: The 2nd 20 for 1 disk
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Wait, Wait Bud, I don't think they can be full time senior members until they have recorded and mailed a song for the 20 for 1 zip project. (and they haven't yet),
I will have to speak to Nigel about this and see if we can hold the full membership for ransome until at least one song is contributed.
Doesn't that seem fair to the rest of you that are contributing?? Sure duz to me
Bebop

Bebop you keep pushing on the songs. Yes I enjoy getting songs that others do...but I feel like they are so good.....and I don't feel like I have anything worth sending. All of us aren't tremendous musicians. I already feel guilty about not submitting a song with out your help!!!! Some of us that haven't sent songs are not just selfish greedy people. We don't feel we have something good enough.

Marilyn

#51268 - 05/18/02 09:52 AM Re: The 2nd 20 for 1 disk
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
HiMarilyn,
Iam sure there are many others that feel the same as you do,some people cannot feel confident enough to even post. When you see how many people read posts and how few post anything there are many more people using the forum than we know about because they don't post or join they do not feel obliged to send in songs, but you are a valuable member of our technics family and have given support to many members.

#51269 - 05/18/02 10:01 AM Re: The 2nd 20 for 1 disk
Brian Goodison Offline

Loc: Bridlington. East Yorkshire.En...
Hi Marilyn
I agree with everything you say. I too am not proficent enough yet to send in a song , but I do appreciate all the music and all the time and effort the guru's put in and I am learning a lot both about my keyboard and music so that someday I will be proud to send in a song for everyone to listen to.
I must also thank John North for the personal help he keeps giving me in my quest to improve my playing. The 20 for 1 disk is a great idea and I hope you guys and gals who can play well keep sending in your songs to Bebop so that he can keep posting them to us , I would like to thank everyone who as contributed so for. It realy does help us beginners. Once again Thank You

Regards

Brian

#51270 - 05/18/02 10:44 AM Re: The 2nd 20 for 1 disk
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Marilyn,
I can understand where you are coming from but........
When I was a child I was forced to play many recitals from the age of 6 on. I didn't think I played well enough but........ after all the bragging on me was done, I begin to think that just maybe I was good enough to do it again, but.........then the fears would set in again and I would go through it all again but........... I started listening to others to see if I was as good as they were and then I really begin to learn my craft by adapting most of their techniques. I continued to gain confidence until 10 years later I formed and fronted my own band at 16.
Marilyn, If you hadn't told me about the Technics Forum here, we just might not all be here now, but............ I came and looked and I risked a little bit, and here we all are.
When Nigel asked me to be the moderator here, I didn't think I was good enough to do that but............ I risked a little bit and here I am.
Why don't you NOW risk a little bit and record a favorite tune of yours, and I am sure you will be amazed at how good it makes YOU feel to share and in accepting the accolades and thank you's of your peers, you will want to immediately get to work on the next one but............... if you are able to contine to believe you are not good enough then you will loose more then the rest of us that will never get to enjoy your playing.
I have songs on the discs from people that have never had a lesson, never recorded, never ziped and mailed a file and don't think they are good enough but they did it anyway and their songs are quite good.
AS beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I believe so is music.
ENOUGH SAID??????????
Best to your Marilyn and think positive
BEBOP

#51271 - 05/18/02 01:53 PM Re: The 2nd 20 for 1 disk
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Marilyn,

PLEASE!!!

Bill is right.

Grandpa Doug

#51272 - 05/18/02 03:38 PM Re: The 2nd 20 for 1 disk
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Marilyn and Brian - come on. You don't think you'll be dropped from the music list just because you don't send in a song, do you? Why not do like I do and send a song to Bebop and have him review it before posting or including it with the others? I have never had any musical training, all self taught, but I've listened to others, like Bebop did, and tried to adapt what I liked about their music to my own. Once you get a little experience behind you, you'll begin to form your own style of playing and if others don't like it, then too bad. I have a really hard time with the piano sounds, and it shows in my songs, but with a little time spent on the sequencer editing notes, I can patch up the really bad playing and almost make it sound acceptable. No one expects to hear Liberace at the piano, we just want to hear something pleasant, and if you try a song you like and are familiar with, you'll find it much easier. Personally, I've heard Lindoz's playing and singing, and sometimes I wonder how I could ever compare with a grand performance like he gives, but I have to remember that at one time he had to practice, and he had to face that first audience, too. And, look at Alec's performance. He thought he would give us a chance to laugh at his playing, but the Riverdance number was topnotch, and no one was laughing. We were to busy saying "WOW". With experience comes - experience. If you don't try, you'll never get over that first hurdle. I still cringe when I listen to some of my earlier songs, but nobody ever sent me an email begging me to cease and desist. This is a brotherhood/sisterhood thing, and we all understand! If anyone sneers, then they have no class. Give it a shot. Every song you do makes the next one easier. Did I convince you?

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 05-18-2002).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online