Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#51240 - 10/20/05 07:54 AM Re: CHRISTMAS
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
there is nowhere to post styles on synth zone, and if there was it would give Nigel innumerable legal headaches and probably lead to the zone being closed down judging from dubious recent activity elsewhere - so much for that idea.

The styles were available for free download at technicskn7000.com with full instructions for 2 years. It was not exactly difficult to get hold of them.

Technicsplayer Thank you one more time,
John C.

#51241 - 10/20/05 11:21 AM Re: CHRISTMAS
technicsplayer Offline

#51242 - 10/21/05 08:41 AM Re: CHRISTMAS
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOAN....Will you please send the downloads you mentioned in your 10-18 post on this thread? Also need a very very basic set of instructions on how to download from my laptop (XPhome) to burn on a CD.... My laptop does not do discs. Or some way to go directly into the 7k via the USB... I have the Panasonic USB Reader/writer...with slot for the SD card.... Have never used it....guess it is time to learn how?

I will appreciate as much help as I can get!

ELIZABETH

#51243 - 10/21/05 09:35 AM Re: CHRISTMAS
technicsplayer Offline

Elizabeth,
follow the first part of my mail to unzip the files to a folder on your pc. If you don't have a floppy drive on your pc and have not used the sd yet, you still have the blank sd card supplied with the 7k. In that case follow the steps in my post here http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum25/HTML/003464.html
save a file on the sd, transfer to card reader, erase the files as per instructions and copy the files into the tfld001 folder, then transfer the card to the 7k and load normally via the sd button.

#51244 - 10/21/05 09:43 AM Re: CHRISTMAS
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there Elizabeth

You say -
JOAN....Will you please send the downloads you mentioned in your 10-18 post on this thread? Also need a very very basic set of instructions on how to download from my laptop (XPhome) to burn on a CD.... My laptop does not do discs. Or some way to go directly into the 7k via the USB... I have the Panasonic USB Reader/writer...with slot for the SD card.... Have never used it....guess it is time to learn how?
I will appreciate as much help as I can get!

Unfortunately I have never used the method of recording you are enquiring about. I do my recordings direct from the KN7 to a CD recorder.

Alec is the expert - he is pointing you in the right direction.

Sorry I could not be of further help - Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 10-21-2005).]

#51245 - 10/21/05 10:40 AM Re: CHRISTMAS
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOAN Thanks for your response.

Since my computer does "burn" CD's.... and I do have the Panasonic Reader/writer that USB's to both the 7K & the laptop.....seems to me I should be able to burn CD's that are either downloaded from others into my computer &/or burn CD's of music recorded somewhere in the 7K via the SD card/reader/writer....

Maybe if you tell me just what you do to burn CD's you "play directly from your 7K"???

ELIZABETH

#51246 - 10/21/05 12:14 PM Re: CHRISTMAS
technicsplayer Offline

The sd card and reader/writer has no part to play in burning cds.

Most digital audio formats downloaded can be directly burnt to cd in XP or with a program like nero since they get converted to the correct wave simply by dragging them into the audio cd creation window.

To record a performance from the 7k you can use the usb connection to the audio recorder application and then drag the file to a cd creation program to burn a cd.

#51247 - 10/22/05 07:51 AM Re: CHRISTMAS
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Elizabeth

When I create a CD from my KN7 - this could be "on the fly" or previously saved KN7 recordings.

I connect, with the appropriate leads, from my Line output from the KN7 into a Philips CDR796 CD Recorder

Insert a Blank CD into recorder. Select Analogue input on recorder. At the appropriate prompt from the recorder I start the KN7 "song" to be recorded and when it has finished I then press the STOP RECORD. I repeat this - one recording at a time, until I wish to finalize the CD. Just the same sort of procedure when you are recording from any other audio protocol.

The symbols for stop record etc., are very similar to the ones on VHS/DVD recorders when recording from or playing to TVs.

The Recorder is not just for recording from keyboards. It is a commercial player that could also record from Radio, Tape decks, presumably record decks etc. It has two drives I could if I wished copy one CD to another. I personally use the PC to copy the finished CDs as it is quicker.

The particular model I have has now been discontinued. I would imagine that with the advent of the DVD recorders and PC software there is not much demand for the CD format At the moment you can still see these for sale on EBAY.

Is the above the sort of explanation you were asking me?

From the point of view of you having no floppy disk drive - I am not sure whether they are available but I would have thought you could purchase an external USB one? This would not solve your recording problem but at least would help to download things from PC directly to floppy.

……………Joan

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online