SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51133 - 10/09/03 03:07 PM Changing instruments on track recording
Ann in New Zealand Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I have a technical question that I am sure someone will know the answer to. The shop in NZ told me that it wasn't possible but Ross' music teacher told me it should be. I have recorded the chords by Step Record in Track 5 and then went into Realtime Record to record Tracks 9, 10 etc. Once completed can I change the instrument used in one of the tracks or the level of sound and then save the new settings to a disk? I have managed to change it but when I save it to a disk it reverts back to the original settings. The shop told me that it was because I had used Step Record for the chords rather than Realtime Record. Any help would be appreciated.

#51134 - 10/09/03 05:20 PM Re: Changing instruments on track recording
technicsplayer Offline

did you press panel write on the sequencer page to permanently save the voice change before saving? this should work on your tracks 9 and 10 etc irrespective of having used step chord record.

#51135 - 10/09/03 07:33 PM Re: Changing instruments on track recording
Ann in New Zealand Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Hi Alec
Thank you very much for your answer to my query. When I used Panel Write it worked. I passed on your advice to the music shop in Nelson and they also send their thanks. I did suggest to them earlier in the week that there must be a way that you could "save changes" but they didn't know how to do it.
What a great Forum this is - I puzzled away for ages and just over 2 hours after asking my question here, I receive an answer that makes it all clear. The helpful and friendly advice given on this Forum is very much appreciated. Thank you again Alec and to all others who so kindly share their knowledge and expertise with us.

#51136 - 10/09/03 07:35 PM Re: Changing instruments on track recording
technicsplayer Offline

you're very welcome

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online