SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#51103 - 11/05/03 10:09 AM Re: Let's discuss feelings and this forum
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
While I agree with all the sentiments expressed above, I have one gripe - and that is that the chat and listening to all your music keeps me away from playing my Kn7k and I really need all the practise time I can get. Nevertheless, thanks to you all for your music, advice and company.

Ogre

#51104 - 11/05/03 12:27 PM Re: Let's discuss feelings and this forum
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I also feel my life has been greatly improved through contacts on this forum and those from the forum before. Just knowing new folks from around the world has opened new doors and sometimes long emails are exchanged between us. I find myself learning facts about people that I would never have come in contact with if not for this forum! It gives me a wonderful sense of well-being that only comes from knowing sincere friendly people who actually care about another person without trying to get their hands in your wallet. I constantly brag about my world-wide contacts and friends, and this seems to find favor with many people. Maybe it's something more folks should try! I just know that someday I'll be walking around a Mall or go into a music store and hear music or a style of playing that will sound familiar and I will finally meet a fellow forum member face to face. What an occasion that will be!

#51105 - 11/05/03 12:42 PM Re: Let's discuss feelings and this forum
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi John.
what a great topic.
It's amazing the wonderful helpful friends you can meet on forums.

Prior to purchasing my kn7, I belonged to a psr group. They were incredibly helpful with advice etc and a truly amazing bunch of people. In many ways, they were the main reason I held onto my psr for as long as I did. I enjoyed their company.

Along came the kn7. I found this forum. Great new bunch of friends. Fortunately, I'm also thoroughly happy with the kn7.

This forum is the first thing I check when I get up in the morning ( after sending hubby off to work at 5.30 am)
I grab the following
A cup of coffee( to try & wake me up)

My 15 year old Maltese Terrier who goes straight back to sleep in a bed under the computer table
and lastly the newest addition to the family our new baby cockateil ( parrot) who thinks he's human & owns the place. He makes typing emails a tad difficult at times. In between trying to stop him from running round on the desk chewing up paperwork , and stopping him from chewing at the computer cables, every now and again he decides to do a trampoline jump off my shoulder straight onto the computer keyboard, which means another email lost & I have to start again. Worse still is when he decides to jump down onto the poor old sleeping dog. It's great that the dog has an incredibly wonderful nature. ( haa haa).

All 3 of us enjoy our computer time in the morning while I'm chatting to my overseas friends, before getting on with the rest of the day.

best wishes
Rikk

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online