SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#51069 - 09/28/02 08:37 PM Re: JukeBox Installation
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Sir Technics Player: Am I missing something. I ask because I really don't understand why Technics includes the S D Jutebox S/W for all the Englishmen, in the U.K, but charges extra for any buyer of this new product, anywhere else in the world. Is this some sort of discrimination, or weird business practice. When you purchase a KN-7000 from Technics, shouldn't every package be the same as any other package, no matter where you live? There is probably a simple answer to this, we all admire the English Musicians, but hey, the rest of us contribute a little to Panasonic too. ARJ

#51070 - 09/28/02 10:25 PM Re: JukeBox Installation
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
I think my operating system is unstable.
I have Window Me and every day the computer freezes 3 to 4 times.
Maybe I should make the upgrade to Windows xp. I wonder if the programs that came with the kn7000 will work.
Should I install as an upgrade or format my harddisk and make a complete new installation.
Thanks for the advice.
Alain

#51071 - 09/29/02 03:42 AM Re: JukeBox Installation
technicsplayer Offline

Arthur, the card reader is included in the price here, but it is a separate product in a separate box, so the 7000 package is the same in that respect. The 5000 had a welcome pack with free disks etc, and the 6000 had a free stand included when they first came out. These were introductory offers that lasted only a fixed time and then lapsed. I have no idea if the card reader offer is only for a fixed time span. So it is just a marketing thing by Technics UK, not from Technics Japan. I think it's a great idea - maybe overseas distributors should look at the example and learn something...

Alain, many professionals will tell you that ME is much worse than 98SE, and microsoft sold the world an unfinished product with ME. That's why they completetly dropped the architecture and went the XP route instead. Whatever you do, do not upgrade windows, this leads to more compatability problems than anything else. The jukebox program specifically states it is not guaranteed to work with windows that have been upgraded. A clean install is required of whatever system you prefer

#51072 - 09/29/02 03:53 AM Re: JukeBox Installation
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I agree 110% with Alec - if you are going to re-install Windows, then go for 98SE. In my experience, it has proved to be the most stable of them all XP?..... forget it

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#51073 - 09/29/02 04:46 AM Re: JukeBox Installation
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
I agree 110% with Alec - if you are going to re-install Windows, then go for 98SE. In my experience, it has proved to be the most stable of them all XP?..... forget it

Bill
I do not agree with you on XP, I have been using XP professional for quite awhile now & have had no problems with it whatever no frozen screens in fact I would say it is the best OS yet certainly much better that ME which of course was only an upgrade from Win 98.
I agree with Alec in that a clean install is best.
Regards Johnnie

#51074 - 09/29/02 06:22 AM Re: JukeBox Installation
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
As I said Johnnie, I am only speaking from my own experience, which was horrendous and from comments made on this and other forums, I am not alone in my dislike of XP. Furthermore, I do not like the 'Terms and conditions' and restrictions imposed by Microsoft, on users of XP.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#51075 - 09/29/02 07:05 AM Re: JukeBox Installation
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Alain
If it's any comfort to you, I'm using ME and
the 7000 programmes are running without a problem.
John

#51076 - 09/29/02 08:50 AM Re: JukeBox Installation
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello John,
Everything works except Jukebox...I installed..reinstalled...always the same thing.
I see the startup screen and then nothing more.

Thanks ,
Alain

#51077 - 09/29/02 09:55 AM Re: JukeBox Installation
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
As I said Johnnie, I am only speaking from my own experience, which was horrendous and from comments made on this and other forums, I am not alone in my dislike of XP. Furthermore, I do not like the 'Terms and conditions' and restrictions imposed by Microsoft, on users of XP.

Yes Bill I well remember your comments on XP when it first appeared & of course it may not be to everybody's liking & that is fair enough it is a bit like the difference between the Yamaha & Technics fan. Everybody to his own.
I can only talk from my own experiences & I have successfully run with XP
from the start.
I think the restrictions by Microsoft apply more to the business or network user, they have certainly not restricted me in any way & I would conclude by saying I find it a very stable system just like Windows 2000.

#51078 - 09/30/02 12:55 PM Re: JukeBox Installation
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Hi gang. Personally, I've had all the Windows systems installed and found them all to be unstable to a point. I've had XP lock up my system and crash causing a lot of grief, and had ME freeze a lot, too. I have reinstalled Windows ME and never have a bit of trouble anymore because of one bad program: Norton Systemworks. In my opinion it is a worthless piece of junk and causes more problems than it solves. Get rid of any of those "fix-all" programs, and your own problems may fade away as well. Remember that XP has a built-in firewall and outside programs can cause conflicts with the operating system. Just speaking from experience.....

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 09-30-2002).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online