SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#509672 - 03/03/24 03:39 PM Re: Gear I regret selling [Re: rphillipchuk]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Greetings,

I still have a TX81z from 1987. 10 years ago I sold it twice on eBay and both buyers never responded to their winning auction. Technically I did sell it......twice!! Does that count?? I considered that an omen and I was destined to keep that module............Now I'm curious if it still works.............. grin -charley

#509678 - 03/03/24 05:26 PM Re: Gear I regret selling [Re: rattley]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By rattley
Greetings,

I still have a TX81z from 1987. 10 years ago I sold it twice on eBay and both buyers never responded to their winning auction. Technically I did sell it......twice!! Does that count?? I considered that an omen and I was destined to keep that module............Now I'm curious if it still works.............. grin -charley

Ha...just reminded me; I've got the full rack (TX816 I think - anyway, it's 8 DX7 modules in a rack). Like you, I have no idea if they still work as they haven't been touched in @ 30 years (although they have travelled from Philly to Hawaii to Florida to Georgia, as has all of my vintage gear. It costed me @ $22,000 to move my 'belongings' to Hawaii and @ $19,000 to move back (to Florida). Talk about wasting money. A quick search on Google showed that they're worth a nice penney right now. Maybe I'll try to get my grandson to pack it up and sell it for half of whatever we can get for it. But first, I'll have to see if it still works. If it doesn't, then it's landfill bound smile smile.

chas

#509681 - 03/04/24 10:12 AM Re: Gear I regret selling [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I sold 118 string instruments on Reverb in the last 20 months. Also moved about 60 cabinets, amps, keyboards, etc. Money was donated to a homeless musician fund.

That leaves me with 51 string instruments, about 20 amplifiers, two 122's, three different PA heads, about 20 keyboards and a room full of mics, pedals, etc.

Funny thing: knowing where the proceeds are going negated all of the sad feelings I had when I sold or gave away instruments previously.

While they are not ever going to be worth much, I really like most of the "beaters" , I call them. George Benson Ibanez guitars are inexpensive, play GREAT and, if I get one damaged at an outdoor Horse-farm gig (I do a lot of those),I don't suffer too much.

YA GOTTA LOVE THE TOYS!

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (03/04/24 10:13 AM)

#509695 - 03/10/24 11:27 PM Re: Gear I regret selling [Re: Diki]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Originally Posted By Diki
@Rphillipchuk

Have you seen this? https://korg.shop/korg-collection-m1.html?___store=english

$100 and you got your M1 back!

Not really, you can't load your own M1 set so not good for me, although I regret most of the old stuff that I sold the one that really made me feel bad was the Jupiter 6 with thru midi.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online