SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50952 - 07/01/07 04:25 AM Help!
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Dear Friends and Colleagues of the Technics 7000 (LONG MAY IT LIVE!!!!),

Since I received the answers to the question I asked previously, I have deleted (as much as I could) that message. Thanks to those of you who responded and my
best personal regards to ALL my international friends everywhere around the globe.

Ted Rose

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 07-01-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 07-03-2007).]

#50953 - 07/01/07 12:28 PM Re: Help!
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted,
I understand your problem, but if the entire recording is 1 beat 'out' then I'm afraid the only cure is to re-record the entire sequence
There is no way that I know of, to 'shift' the entire recording 'forward' by one beat.
Had the error been one complete measure, then of course, deleting one full measure is straightforward. In your case, deleting the first measure will not cure the problem, since the error is duplicated in every subsequent measure of the sequence.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50954 - 07/01/07 01:35 PM Re: Help!
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
There is a way, Bill.

Ted, when you did this song, did you use the CONTROL track for expression, etc? If you did, then just go into STEP RECORD, bring up the CONTROL track and remove the RHYTHM START asterisk where it is coming in on the second beat instead of the first beat by clicking on ERS, (erase) then go to the beginning of the measure you want the rhythm to start and press the START/STOP button and your rhythm will start exactly on the beginning of the measure.

Scott

#50955 - 07/01/07 07:43 PM Re: Help!
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Thanks so much for your replies, Bill and Scott! I am going to attempt the suggestion of Scott(using the Control track), but I suspect that Bill's comment may well be what has to be done. Nonetheless, Thanks to each of you for taking the time to repsond; I do indeed appreciate everything you always have to offer us amateurs when we present a seemingly insurmountable problem!

Very special personal regards to you both, Bill and Scott, extra-special friends and colleagues, who never fail to come up with some sort of solution!

TED

#50956 - 07/02/07 05:40 AM Re: Help!
nsr007 Offline

Ted,

Did you use the CONTROL track when you recorded your song? You can't do what I said unless you have used the CONTROL track. If you haven't used it, you will have to record it in REALTIME RECORD. You can't add it in PUNCH RECORD or make changes until you record it in realtime.

S

#50957 - 07/03/07 10:37 AM Re: Help!
nsr007 Offline

Hello, Ted -

Listening to your song I corrected, as I said could be done earlier in the post, the starting beat and in this case, Intro 1 of your song. So far, so good. Where you have made your mistake is that you started playing the chorus 3 beats too late. I say, 3 beats because you started playing the Intro 1 a beat late, which I corrected in STEP RECORD. The intro you are using is a two-measure intro. Since "Too" is the first lyric of your song, it is a grace note. A grace note (or notes) must be played before the first measure of a song. You allowed the intro to finish and the first two measures of the Slow Jazz rhythm to start before you began to play your first note, being the grace note. You needed to start playing on the fourth beat of the second measure of the intro. Adding your being off 1 beat when you started the intro and 2 beats off into the Slow Jazz rhythm makes it 3 beats. Under these circumstances, you will have to record the song again. Just keep in mind that you have a grace note in your chorus and that has to be played in this case, the last beat of the intro.

I hope what I have told you will help.

Best regards,

Scott

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online