SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#509054 - 10/21/23 10:55 AM Ketron Event Review (Good and Bad)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Enjoy

Bill

#509055 - 10/21/23 03:56 PM Re: Ketron Event Review (Good and Bad) [Re: abacus]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello,

I've been following many posts about the Ketron Event. And now Yamaha announced the release of the Genos II in November. I already have a Genos I and absolutely love it. My sights are clearly aimed at the Genos II but one can't ignore the new kid on the block. This demo does a good job showcasing many of the styles during the 1 hour video. Some of the comments aren't positive but seem genuinely honest. As I listen to this and other Ketron reviews I don't hear or see anything (except for the styles) that really moves me. The reviewer mentions that many of the styles are more generic than song specific. For me that is a good thing as I don't sing and my right hand does all the melody.

I would drive 100 miles to demo a Ketron Event. SW Florida is still in the boonies as far as music stores go. Tampa, Orlando or Miami might have one on display. I'll have to look around the state some more. I also wonder if one could convert the Event styles to Yamaha? I have some style converters and would love to try.

For 6 years I wait for a new keyboard and now there are TWO that i am interested in..........When it rains it pours. -charley

#509060 - 10/22/23 11:53 AM Re: Ketron Event Review (Good and Bad) [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I’d wait to make a decision until you’ve seen BOTH. Sure, the Genos loses out a hair on live power sound, but the Genos2 (like every non-audio based arranger) will be able to play every chord, every inversion on EVERY style. Which the Event doesn’t.

For me, this would be a decision I wouldn’t want to make until I’d actually PLAYED them both! Neither is chump change..!💵💵💵

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online