SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#508953 - 10/02/23 03:35 PM Finish line in sight…
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It’s about time I gave you guys an update from the world of chemo…

Tomorrow will be the start of my last 3 week course of infusions and pills. Then they will schedule some scans, see if we got it all (my labs have always come back bang on the money). If the scans come out clean, hallelujah I am done with the chemo!

As everybody warned me, the further along I got, the severer the side effects would get, and they were right! Last couple of months have been a bit of a struggle (I won’t get too graphic!) but the finish line’s in sight.

Right now I’m trying hard not to be too ‘brightside’, there’s a possibility my scans might find something, and I’m going to have to get back on the chemo (or worse!), but my doctor seems happy with my labs, and I’m getting pretty optimistic (as I’ve been all along).

So, finish line finally in sight, I’ll let you know after my scans have gone. In the meantime, I apologize for being a bit absent lately, but some days just getting up and getting a shower have been an epic achievement!

To anyone going through the same thing, or anyone with health issues that make playing and day to day life difficult (seems so many of us these days!), all I can say is hang in there… 🩷🎹🩷🎹🩷

#508959 - 10/02/23 04:46 PM Re: Finish line in sight… [Re: Diki]
zuki Offline

Diki, was thinking about your condition - hadn't heard anything. Glad to hear the encouraging news. I'm praying your next result will be a joyous one. I got a VA7 - how's that for treasure chest stuff. I've always loved that board and can really use it for studio work smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#508962 - 10/02/23 05:46 PM Re: Finish line in sight… [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Thanks for the well wishes. Trying hard to learn to play while my fingers are crossed! 🩷🩷🩷

That old VA7 with its Vari-phrase stuff was quite a shock after the success of the G1000. Minimal panel buttons, I think this was the first model to do away with the chord sequencer and it didn’t reappear until the BK9!

A complete break from previous Roland arrangers. Sadly, not a popular change. Roland tried often (almost every model until the EA7!) to simplify the front panel. I think the G70/E80 came closest to pulling it off thanks to the incredibly responsive color touch screen. But without user editing of what the screens could display, still dropped the ball on a few things (fill/rit e.g.).

My BK9 is the end result of that philosophy… very few panel buttons. I had to basically give up in ‘free panel’ playing, way too much menu diving to be practical while you play! But, Vari-phrase aside, I’d put it up against any Roland! If you’re prepared to adjust to it…

But if Vari-phrase is the major trick you got it for, I rather think there’s a ton of affordable computer software that takes the idea to a 21st century level. Not integrated, yes, but best of luck keeping that Zip drive running and new disks easily available..!

Best of luck with it. A quirky vintage arranger!

#508964 - 10/03/23 12:12 AM Re: Finish line in sight… [Re: Diki]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Best wishes for a successful treatment and recovery Diki.
To keep the optimism and spirit is very important, even if it may be hard to do when it's on it's worst.
Tumbs up and crossed fingers.👍👍🤞🤞
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#508966 - 10/03/23 01:49 AM Re: Finish line in sight… [Re: Diki]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Diki,

Wishing you all the best, I hope all your results come back clean. You are doing so well.

I also have been having some health issues and some still ongoing that can sometimes become debilitating when flare ups occur. Having so many tests but just not finding the root cause of the issue yet. The next thing I need to have is an Endoscopy to see if anything can be found there.

#508969 - 10/03/23 09:11 AM Re: Finish line in sight… [Re: Diki]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good luck, Diki. Be sure to do follow up appointments and scans to make sure you stay in remission. This is really important.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#508972 - 10/03/23 10:01 AM Re: Finish line in sight… [Re: Diki]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Here’s to your health and recovery, DIKI.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#508976 - 10/03/23 11:45 AM Re: Finish line in sight… [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Already got scheduled my CTI, if results clear, I’m done with the treatments (with a recommendation to schedule another colonoscopy in a few months, and some more labs in the new year).

But continued vigilance is the watchword with sneaky ol’ cancer! Doc say quarterly scans for a year or so, then yearly after that. I’m not going to let it creep up and surprise me ever again! 😂🩷

#509031 - 10/17/23 10:04 AM Re: Finish line in sight… [Re: Diki]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Best of everything, Diki. My Annie underwent a lumpectomy and 15 treatments of chemo while I was recovering from the pacemaker.

Thankfully, we're both doing OK. I sincerely hope you are, too!

Russ

#509035 - 10/17/23 04:47 PM Re: Finish line in sight… [Re: Diki]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello!

Best wishes for a full recovery. Seems like we are all getting older here. That means you MUST take better care of yourself for the future. I know...........This has not been my best year medically. Thankfully the second half of this year has been kinder than the first. My passion for triple cheeseburgers has finally caught up with me. -
charley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online