SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#508821 - 09/17/23 07:09 AM Wersi USA Demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Following Diki's post in my previous thread here I thought I would address one of the valid reasons given, (Unfortunately I can't do anything about the other two) so here is a link to the demos on the Wersi USA Soundcloud site which hopefully will be more appropriate to American listeners.
NOTE: While they are played on the OAX700 the sounds and features remain the same as the OAX1.

Wersi USA Soundcloud

Wersi USA main site is here

Hopefully they will get a bit more feedback. (Good or Bad)

Enjoy

Bill

#508828 - 09/18/23 12:14 PM Re: Wersi USA Demos [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think one of the problems may be, in the hands of a truly professional arranger player, most of the TOTL current models from Korg, Yamaha and Ketron (and I’ve heard some spectacular stuff even on the BK9!) can at least equal the sound of the Wersi (with the exception of the Wersi organ sound, which only Yamaha seem to have gone fully after!).

In some areas (articulated horns, woodwinds and solo strings stand out) Wersi seem a bit behind the times. But, the elephant in the room..! For the additional $5k or so the Wersi is going to cost you (and heaven help with your shipping costs should it need a repair!) you could buy a VERY capable Mac Mini and a low latency interface, and a player like Kontact and some pretty darn spectacular sounds.

Were I to have unlimited money (and unlimited roadies to move it around!), a Wersi would be a wonderful thing to have. I just don’t know anyone who has all the above. I just think anything that expensive should make espresso too! 😂☕️

It’s interesting to see how much attention is paid in those US demos to liturgical music. I guess the tax free nature of most church’s finances might indicate where they are trying to sell..! I miss the ‘organ entertainer’ days (from my youth in the UK holiday camp scene!) but it seems that not only is the instrument form itself virtually dead in the US, but even it’s manufacturer realizes that it’s not the tool of choice for the gigging arranger player.

Now, no doubt on an organ player forum, Wersi’s hold their own (unless you’re a hardcore B3 jazz player!) but lighter, easier to move, powerful single manual arrangers have pretty much proven themselves as the form factor to beat. What a Wersi can do seems somewhat held back by that single manual form. Two manuals and a pedalboard is what was likely (from all the thumbnail pictures) used in the demos. Now we’re talking probably 4X the price of a Genos or Event…

I’d love one (put it next to my Thomas!) but probably only in full organ configuration. Looks like I need to win the lottery! 😂💵💵💵💵💵

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online