SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#508786 - 09/02/23 08:47 AM R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gosh, and only 76yo. Built an empire off of one song. I guess money can't buy you longevity. Sad.

#508787 - 09/02/23 09:07 AM Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jimmy Buffett was one of my musical heroes in that he was extremely creative, developed his own genre and was a nice person to everyone he met.

The funniest story I have ever heard about Jimmy Buffett was from an old friend, Lefty Kreh. Lefty was at the Miami International Airport waiting for a flight back home to Maryland when Jimmy Buffett was at the same terminal. The person traveling with Lefty saw him and said to lefty, "That's Jimmy Buffett." "Who is Jimmy Buffett?" asked Lefty. "Is he some sort of a celebrety?"

After being introduced to Lefty, they became great friends, as Jimmy was an avid fly fisherman and said he was honored to be able to go fishing with the world's most famous fly angler, Lefty Kreh.

Jimmy Buffett will be missed by his millions of avid fans, the Parrot Heads of the world.

RIP Mr Buffett,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#508788 - 09/02/23 11:14 AM Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Wow, and now the much admired Ambassador Bill Richardson, at 75. Both of these people could afford the very best of medical care and still succumbed at a fairly early age. A pensive thought for those in our age group.

chas

#508789 - 09/02/23 06:05 PM Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Er, projecting much, Chas?

How many of your jazz idols died before 40?

#508790 - 09/02/23 09:05 PM Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Diki, I was trying to express a thoughtful comment on the fragility of life (implying how we need to treasure the time we have left). I didn't expect such a snarky response, even from you. Some things are in bad taste and some are just plain ignorant; you manage to capture both, probably without even realizing it. The end of a meaningful, productive life deserves some respect. At least they left this life admired, liked, and respected. I'll leave the last sentence unsaid.

chas

#508791 - 09/03/23 03:23 AM Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Sad to hear of his passing. I thought he’d be around many more years., and assumed he was in good health. He did certainly squeeze the juice out of life and accomplished so much.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#508793 - 09/05/23 09:49 AM Re: R.I.P. Jimmy Buffett [Re: montunoman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Didn't much like his music (didn't play it), but REALLY LIKED THE MAN!

A real renaissance man, he was!. Never met him, but know lots of people in the business who did.

I listened to his first album in 1975, and NEVER, in the following 48 years did I hear a negative word.

Actually thought how neat it would be to get to ride with him on that neat seaplane he had.

A man of substance, appreciated by all, including this old grumpy "jazzer".

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online