SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#508363 - 05/30/23 10:27 AM Allen's Music Genos Demo
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Usually they feature an organ that they deal with on there Tuesday afternoon stream, but as they sell various types of instruments this afternoons stream featured the Genos Arranger Keyboard.

Enjoy

Bill

https://youtu.be/koNy_rrxMGc

Edited by abacus (06/13/23 10:45 AM)

#508431 - 06/13/23 10:41 AM Re: Allen's Music Genos Demo [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

#508447 - 06/14/23 08:42 PM Re: Allen's Music Genos Demo [Re: abacus]
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
See? It’s possible to make even the Genos sound square and dated..!

And maybe comforting to hear that even demonstrators can’t resist the temptation to have the sound they’re playing swamp the backing… Maybe it’s a deliberate decision when you’re trying to sell something to amateurs, but maybe it’s not!

And we wonder why arrangers are diminishing as a type… I’d say demos like this are a large part of it. They say that, to a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Maybe to an English holiday camp entertainer, every keyboard looks like a Wurlitzer..!

I was selling organs in the 70’s and using basically the same songs and playing style. Seems like little has changed in over 50 years!

#508449 - 06/15/23 12:36 AM Re: Allen's Music Genos Demo [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Thing is Diki if it cant be demonstrated that a keyboard can sound like that, then sales would be even lower in Europe. (Remember over here it is mainly the older consumer that purchases them)

Bill

#508451 - 06/15/23 09:13 AM Re: Allen's Music Genos Demo [Re: abacus]
Diki Online   content

I completely agree, but a good demonstrator would at least TRY to be contemporary just in case there’s someone under 60 watching. 😂👨‍🦳

When I was selling organs, I’d always try to throw something up to date in the demo, in case there was a kid (my age!) hanging round the store. You never know..!

#508463 - 06/18/23 07:18 PM Re: Allen's Music Genos Demo [Re: abacus]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
The Saddest part overall is that of all Arrangers that exist, the Genos is probably the most capable for modern music... I'm talking EDM, Trance, Techno, Dance Music, Hip Hop etc...

They never demo the arpeggiator... they never demo any of the dance / synth stuff (with the exception of recreating some basic overdone 80s riffs)... They very rarely demo the multi pads (there are alot of EDM / electronic music focused MPs on board).

Out of the box the Genos / PSR SX has a lot of fresh sounds and content taken directly from the Motif / Montage / MODX line, yet it all gets ignored in their demos with a focus on the usual lack luster stuff we have seen over and over again...

#508464 - 06/19/23 01:23 PM Re: Allen's Music Genos Demo [Re: abacus]
Diki Online   content

Agreed. Perhaps you’d like to rectify the situation? 🎹😎

#508467 - 06/19/23 11:13 PM Re: Allen's Music Genos Demo [Re: abacus]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hah! becoming a youtube sensation is something I have been toying with for a while now... maybe I need to try make it a reality ;-)

#508471 - 06/20/23 11:39 AM Re: Allen's Music Genos Demo [Re: abacus]
Diki Online   content

Maybe we’ve Balkanized ourselves into this den of oldies, but is there anywhere that YOUNG arranger players tend to social media each other?

Even if it’s a non-English language sites, it might be nice to find some demos from players under the age of fifty!

The thing that worries me though is, is the EDM stuff impressing people that actually LIKE and listen (and dance!) to EDM, or just us old farts who probably couldn’t name a single EDM artist? I have to confess, I’ll walk out of any place that starts playing it loud (I can tune it out if at background level!), and my awareness of EDM artists probably starts and ends with Daft Punk, and those guys are hardly spring chickens!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online